Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to pull my Fabtech bars off the truck to install my truck camper tie downs that mount to the frame. I have a 3" lift in the rear of the truck, consisting of a 5" block and stock springs.
Looks like Cal Tracs would be the best for my set up. I have installed a set on a Excursion with F250 springs that work great.

I remember seeing an article in Diesel Power with a lifted F250.

Would I order them with longer bars??

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'd email Travis VanKirk at Calvert - travis at calvertracing.com. He answered all the questions I had before buying mine.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
What is the most lift you can run with the regular Cal-Tracs as of now?
There isn't a set limit really..

I called them up, told them my setup and they sent the correct parts. There was no "order this part number" crap. This is how the 5 minute conversation went:

me: " I have a '99 srw f250 with the camper package and tow setup. It is basically a f350 rear suspension. I also have air bags and 3in drop shackles."

Calvert: "No big deal we have all the parts in stock, here is your price.. I can get it shipped today."

me: "Here is my credit card number and info."

Calvert: "I'll email you shortly with a invoice copy and tracking info. Call me or email me anytime with any questions or concerns."

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is a camper package? I thought it was 4:10 gears and a larger rear sway bar?

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
What is a camper package? I thought it was 4:10 gears and a larger rear sway bar?
On the f250, the camper package was upgraded rear shocks, f350 springs\overload, and larger sway bar. 4.10 gear was separate option and I think you had to get the f350 for that.

With the springs I have and the 3in drop shackles, the rear still sits as high as a stock f350. :doh:

With 2000+lbs on the hitch\bed, she rides level. I had 2 7.3's in the bed and hauling a loaded 12k trailer as well. The air bags only needed 20psi to level out the rear. If I didn't have the drop shackles, it probably would have been level.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the f250, the camper package was upgraded rear shocks, f350 springsoverload, and larger sway bar. 4.10 gear was separate option and I think you had to get the f350 for that.
I thought the block was the only difference between 350-250?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Any pics of them installed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.