Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to either adjust the doors to close tighter or if there is an aftermarket weather sealing kit that will cut down on the wind noise? There doesn't seem to be any movement in the door hinges and I didn't know if there was another way. Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks for the link to the surgical tubing novakid69! This guys videos are awesome.
HAHAHA yes his videos are great, and no problem at all glad I could help! :psn:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the link. I just ordered some too. This guys probably wondering why there is such a big run on his tubing today.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks for the link. I just ordered some too. This guys probably wondering why there is such a big run on his tubing today.
HAHAHA probably the best day in sales to date! LOL

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
just ordered mine lol

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I did the door seal mod on my 99 and 03, but cheaped out and used the vinyl tubing. It was quieter for sure, but the doors closed much harder, especially in winter. Silicone is the way to go I'm sure. Much more pliable and still supplies support for the seal.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The tubing looks like regular vacuum line. If so, You could just go down to Lowes, couldnt you?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The tubing looks like regular vacuum line. If so, You could just go down to Lowes, couldnt you?
Black rubber vacuum line would be harder to thread I think. You pretty much need to have the slicker tubing I think.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is my number one complaint about my truck. The damn drivers side door has bad wind noise and when it rains there is a sound like water cavitating in a pipe. I have yet to take the truck to the dealer since I purchased it since it has less than 4500 miles on it. I wonder what they say when I take it in and ask them to fix the wind noise.

·
Registered
149 Posts
for those of you who ordered the tubing from ebay, did you have any issues getting "1-3 pieces" instead of 1 continuous piece?

wondering if the split causes any difficulties installing or decreases the effectiveness.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.