Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here bought a cabelas edition and if so what do you think about it is it worth buying or not

·
Registered
518 Posts
I dont have one myself, I have a 08 Lariet, but I happen to like the Cabellas edition trucks. Different from all of the others both inside and out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like them too but I can't find one yet and I wanted to hear what people say about them

·
Registered
438 Posts
I saw one that the other day that had a small lift kit on it and it looked really good. I am not crazy about the decals but I love that hunter green color. The interior looks nice and has some pretty cool looking leather seats. Looks like a better quality leather than the lariat leather seats

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Craig has one, the interior is really nice, it has a gun safe under the back seat and a lockable ammo box in the center console and thats about it

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like your look alike that looks really nice I wrecked my truck this morning I'm not sure what will happen with that but if they total it I know what I'm going to buy

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
There's one down at my local dealer now. Nice looking truck but I'm not getting rid of my 2010 lariat.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I used to work at a BMW dealership, we got one on trade in and I checked it out. It's ok I guess. Im not a fan of green trucks though, so Im biased I guess. I prefer the King Ranch over any of them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I would have to get one in a different color that's for sure to many people with the green

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I bought my 2010 last year, the last brand new 6.4 on the lot was a 2010 black Cabelas edition. I bought my red lariat for a steal since it was the general mgr's demo for the previous 3 1/2 months.

I asked why the Cabela's was left over, the salesmen all said that people didn't like it, and that they couldn't seem to get any interested buyers at the time.

Just after the New Year 2011, I noticed a guy driving it not too far from where I live. I was at my dealer soon after and asked about the guy who bought the truck. They said the guy really liked the Cabelas package and specifically wanted a left over 6.4 and was afraid to pull the trigger on the new 6.7.
They wouldn't tell me what he bought it for...I bet he got a deal.

Personally, I like the "blacked out look" of the truck minus the Cabelas badging on the exterior and interior.

To each his own...

·
Diesel390
225 Posts
The Cabela's are pretty nice. The green with yellow trim blows my mind. Sharp looking when all cleaned up. The decals on the rear are a bit large but i have seen a couple take them off the box and give it a cleaner look. Also I think they look way better with the stock 20's on them. The interior is very nice with the leather tan/brown embroided seats and wood grain style dash. Of course the rifle case and ammo/handgun locking compartment is pretty neat too. Drivetrain/chassis has all of the FX4 upgrades included (skid plates, limited slip rear, rancho shocks, ect...) Only thing I noticed which wouldn't suit everyone is the 2010's only came with 3.55 gearing. Anyways totally worth the money I think just for being different and uncommon. If it was legal I'd marry mine.

Brand new totally stock:

2.5" Lift with 37's:

7" Lift with same 37's:

7" Lift with 38.5's and one or two extras:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Holy Chit Batman!

Now, that's what I'm talkin' aboot, eh?!!!

BAD ASZ! I love the Novakanes! Are those the death metal black or the stealth?

Awesome!!!!!

·
Diesel390
225 Posts
Hey Thanks guys. Yeah I'm still deciding whether or not to pull them off or not. I wanna keep the yellow bits even throughout though.
Yeah those are the 20" Death Metal black novakanes.

I think even a stock Cabela's truck with some black novakanes would be sick. Just to get rid of the chrome wheels since there really isn't any other chrome parts on them other than the fender vents.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's a great looking truck

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
God after seeing your truck it almost makes me want to get it now. If only it wasn't a long bed....

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
His is a shortbed one2nine? I love his truck except the stacks, a 5" exhaust and knight chrome tip would look killer

1 - 20 of 51 Posts