Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really wanting some cab lights for my truck... My OBS didn't come with the factory cab lighting so im gonna have to get them installed or do them myself. I have done some searching but cant seem to find any answers.

I am going to go with Recon for sure.. But which kit is my question?? BTW I want the clear lenses. I heard some people using dodge lights (not sure of the year though) cause they look better on the OBS trucks and also the 99-10 SD ones also. Dont like the stock factory ones for the OBS's.

Here is the SD Light Kit in Clear i like.

Recon Accessories: Part # 264143CL - CLEAR LED Cab Light Kit Ford 99-10

What do you guys have for cab lights? What would you recommend for best overall look?

Post some pics too please!

Thanks!!

·
Stimulated
1,430 Posts
I did the Recon LED cab lights on my 02. It's definitely not easy drilling holes in the roof of your truck. Just make sure your measurements are perfect and set them up on the roof before you drill to make sure you like the look. When you're happy with the setup, make your holes and mout them. Use some good silicone so they won't leak. The lights do have gaskets on the bottom of them, but I wouldn't fully trust them long term without help.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
I personally don't like the Superduty ones on the OBS I used the Dodge 3rd Gen style on my truck since they are close to the OBS style light

You can get clear LED ones for the OBS from LMC

LMC Truck Parts - Page 84

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
BTW my truck didn't come with cab lights either

·
Loves OBS Trucks
1,065 Posts

Mine did not come with lights either.. these are stock replacements from LMC...

but I wanted more of a "big rig" style lighting, so I spaced my first three closer and the most outward ones further out...

it makes it really nice to wire them up too, there is one single wire you got you tap into on the passenger side kick panel...

·
Registered
825 Posts
I got the Dodge/Recon for my '06 but they're not going to work. They're too long and the sunroof is in the way. Not enough flat area. So I guess I'll put them on the '99 and maybe use the ones on the '99 on the '06.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I still havent figured out the cab light thing. I personally hate the cab lights on these trucks. No cab lights gives a cleaner look IMO.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
825 Posts
Haven't had time to put them on. They're longer than the Ford lights. Need more flat area. On the '06 there is not enough flat area between the windshield and sunroof. When I laid them up there it has about an 1/8" gap between fron and rear of the light base. I guess if I really wanted to I could put them on and caulk it. But I'll put them on the '99 where there is more room and the factory lights from the '99 on the '06. I think they are nicer than the Ford lights. They don't stick up as high. If you want after church I can lay one on the roof beside the factory light and get a pic if you want.

Think the ones you are looking at has a chrome base.

·
Diesel Nut
510 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
i dont want to highjack this thread or anyhting but i have a question, how do you guys smoke your lights??........and bigstroker got anymore pictures with that wheel tire combo?

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
i just used spray tint on my factory ones.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
I still havent figured out the cab light thing. I personally hate the cab lights on these trucks. No cab lights gives a cleaner look IMO.
Your gay so your opinion doesn't count:poke:LOL

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
........and bigstroker got anymore pictures with that wheel tire combo?
Yup I will dig some more tomorrow.

They are Moto Metal 955's with Mickey Thompson MTZ 315/75/R17's

·
Registered
685 Posts
thanks guys!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 46 Posts