Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reinstalling the cab on my '02 F250 and have gotten everything hooked up. Went to put the truck in gear and it doesn't move. Tried both 2 hi and 4 hi with no luck, the 4x4 light on the dash comes on when put in 4hi.

Everything in the transfer case/tranny were working fine before I pulled the cab to swap engines.

Here are the codes:
P1876 - Transfer case 2-wheel drive circuit fail
P1812 - 4wd mode select circuit fail

When I had the cab/bed off I replaced the broken plug on the transfer case. I was sure to reconnect all the wires to the correct ones on the new plug and soldered/heat shrunk everything.

Below here has been solved, thanks!

Finally, I've reconnected everything in the engine bay but I'm not sure what these two connectors go to? They both come out of the same harness, hopefully the pictures show it better. Do these have anything to do with the lack of movement when in gear/codes?

·
Registered
454 Posts
The one might go to the ambient air intake sensor on your intake box. I think. Cant help you with the other one. Ill check when I get home if someone doesnt chime in by then

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one might go to the ambient air intake sensor on your intake box. I think. Cant help you with the other one. Ill check when I get home if someone doesnt chime in by then
Good call on that. The other is for the intake filter restriction.

Anyone have any ideas on the tranny/tcase codes?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have a C1230 - Speed Wheel Sensor Rear Center Input Circuit Failure

·
Registered
454 Posts
Make sure you put the connector on the side of your trans where the gear selecter is?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure you put the connector on the side of your trans where the gear selecter is?
Yep, all is well there. The 2 connectors coming from the body to the frame near the transfer case are plugged in as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cleared the codes and have cycled the ignition a couple times, switching it in and out of 4x4 and have't seen the 1812 code come back. I can also hear the 4x4 motor engaging and disengaging on the tcase.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Make sure you filled the tranny all the way up with fluid? Tcase isnt in neutral right?

·
Registered
454 Posts
All TC bolts in? Not being a jacka$$, just the last few things I mentioned are easy to forget when your hammerin down and tryin to get it together quick.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make sure you filled the tranny all the way up with fluid? Tcase isnt in neutral right?
Its an electric T case, I don't believe I can select neutral on it. I haven't manually moved anything on it either.

Tranny fluid was low originally, added some fluid a couple of hrs ago and now I'm waiting for it to drain out of the dipstick tube so I can get an accurate reading. I suspect low tranny fluid wouldn't throw those codes however.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All TC bolts in? Not being a jacka$$, just the last few things I mentioned are easy to forget when your hammerin down and tryin to get it together quick.

Yep, all torqued to spec gradually to prevent flex plate loading/future cracking issues. I've been working on this almost daily for the last 5 weeks, nothing quick getting down around here. :doh:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Haha ok just making sure. I was worried bout the codes yet. Wondering why your truck would not move was my first concern

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha ok just making sure. I was worried bout the codes yet. Wondering why your truck would not move was my first concern
I know that the tranny is pumping fluid, I had the cooler lines unhooked while I was cranking on it to bleed the hpop and fluid came flying out all over the place.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I should also mention that when the cab was off I had the front transmission seal and torque converter bushing replaced. Not sure if thats relevant to this issue or not however.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had put 9.5 qts of trans fluid in, but called the shop that replaced the front seal and tc bushing on the transmission while it was out. He said the transmission would be nearly empty and to add more fluid to it. I'm at 16.5 qts now and its dumping it out at this point and I still have no movement from any gears forward or reverse.

It does appear to be holding in park fwiw.

Thoughts now?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright, I've got some more info.

When I was bleeding the HPOP after installing the engine, I didn't have the trans cooler lines hooked up to the radiator/cooler return and while cranking it sprayed trans fluid all over the place. This led me to believe that the pump was working fine.

Today I put a gauge on the test port and at idle in park I've got no pressure (should be +/- 50psi correct?). Would this be a tc issue, or an issue with the front pump (that I should take back to the shop that pulled it off to replace the tc bushing and front seal)?

I've read that the 6.0 and 6.4 TCs are interchangeable, with the exception of drilling the flex plate so I followed the 6.0 crank spacer machining directions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also removed the return line and it has no fluid flow at idle now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts