Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cab On Turbo Removal?

14K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Dustball8504 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the procedure to do this? Also, what parts list will I need, gaskets, etc.? I already know about the Snap On socket and I'm thinking of getting a topside creeper to make it easier. Any other tips and tricks to know?

#3 ·
Its not that bad. I didnt get the snap on piece and I did it. Just use the right extensions. I was able to get a 3/8 ratchet back there. Careful with the VGT actuator. You will need the oil feed coppers for both mounts at the turbo and o-ring where you remove it from the motor. Need a O-ring for the oil filter canister as well as the oil filter cap. both up pipe gaskets as well as the u-pipe gaskets that connect both turbos and connector pipe. theres 3 of them. youll also need the drain tube o-rings for the turbos.
Its pretty straight forward just tight. Topside creeper would be amazing for the job. any questions get ahold of me or whitemonster. He helped me the first time I did it. Hes definately knowledgeable

Ryan

#4 ·
Ford has a turbo R&R kit that has everything you need and then some. Make sure you have a 10mm ratchet wrench handy, and grease up the oil drain seals before install. Take out the EGR temp sensor at the top of the EGR Cooler, I squished the first one I did. The worst part is the bottom two up pipe bolts, If I remember right a short 10mm and a 6" extension with a flex head 3/8 will do it. You don't need to take the filter housing out, but the assembly is heavy and can be hard to snake around it. Laying a moving blanket over the radiator/engine makes it a little more tolerable. Good Luck

#5 ·
I have searched all over for a "how too" on this procedure witht he cab on and havent really found answers to some of the questions I have. I really appreciate any help that could be offered in my EGR Delete and Turbo re and re. It looks like I have to have my turbos rebuilt as they have blow by as well as I believe the inner bushings may be worn with the squealing noise they like to make everynow and then under high boost. I understand that the turbos are a tight squeeze to get out but I am a little worried about the Fuel Cooler in front of them and how it all comes apart. Does it need to be recharged after the work ? I am just now sure about the banjo bolts and if there is a sequence in the removal of the components prior to removing the turbos. I am doing an EGR Delete as well while I have everything all pulled apart. Any recomnedations or a point in the right direction would be great. Thanks a million in advance.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.