Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Well as some of you may remember Ive been planning a cab off for awhile now.

I arrived in Loudon Sunday night from Olive Branch, MS and showed up first thing Monday morning at the shop. John began work on my truck immediately.

The planned additions are as follows........

Elite Head Studs
Elite EGR delete with wastegate and electronic controller
Elite HPFP
Elite 60HP injectors
Elite ported fuel rails
Airdog 165
BD BOV
cold side intercooler tube
intake elbow
Flo Pro 4inch downpipe

We are also trying to get ahold of Elites chromemoly pushrods if anyone can help.........

I will be posting pictures of the whole procedure and how things are coming along. I wanted to dyno before and after but time did not permit and I couldnt find a dyno nearby.
I also plan on going by Top Gun Customz while Im here to look around and get into more trouble.

On with the pictures......

Before I left

Cabs Off

Opened Up

Stock injectors and fuel rail

Elite Studs are in

Tommorow we plan to start putting it back together with the goods........

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Re: Cab off at Cobbs!!

Ive seen that truck somewhere i swear!

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
I just wish hed trade seats :poke:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Very cool:D

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Probably the same reason I have had to. The nuts on the front body bolts break loose and just spin. So you gotta pull the headlights and get a wrench in there to hold the nut to get the bolt out.
Yup me 2. Thank God I didnt have to pull the carpet.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today went smoothly........got the injectors, hpfp, and fuel rails in, mocked up the EGR delete and wastegate............

tommorow we will be welding up the EGR delete and downpipe and hopefully start to put the cab back down..........then proceed to the cold side tube, BOV, Airdog, and wiring in the electronic controller.

No signs of wear or damage on the heads or anything else by the way

On with the new pictures......

Injector tips

Wastegate

Electronic controller for wastegate

Intake elbow

Ported fuel rails

cold side tube

4inch downpipe

Airdog 165

EGR delete and wastegate installed

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks like its going together nicely. Does your cold side pipe have 2 1/8 ports or 2 1/16 ports? For some reason mine had 2 1/16 ports :doh: To say the least Im not very happy about it cuz I had to drill and tap a new hole.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
All that and no turbo's? I am close to doing the same build up but with elites lpfp. I was warned about using Elites H11 studs from a local builder, something about if they get in contact with moisture it can cause failure problems. To put it short. Is that much of an issue? He recommends ARP, but no one knows when the damn things are available. :doh:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
went for a run after dialing in some stuff and it fell flat on its face....cut off......lost fuel rail pressure. We cant figure out why so far......

I must get back to my business so John went out of his way to rent me a car and I will return once all the bugs are worked out.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I'm thinking it's either the Air Dog or tune. The Air Dog comes preset for a stock truck, so if it's got ported fuel rails, 60 horse nozzles, and the Elite HPFP, it seems like that would need to be adjusted. Also, does anyone know if the 310 tune is setup for all that too?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
All that and no turbo's? I am close to doing the same build up but with elites lpfp. I was warned about using Elites H11 studs from a local builder, something about if they get in contact with moisture it can cause failure problems. To put it short. Is that much of an issue? He recommends ARP, but no one knows when the damn things are available. :doh:
Its pretty comical the things people come up with so they can sell something they are a dealer for, even if ARPs were available, they wont be going on my truck. How many trucks have puked or blown headgaskets after studs? 1 that was rudy after a huge nitrous backfire

1 - 20 of 44 Posts