Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ford f250 and I want to put the five cab lights on top. I was wondering if the wires are in the headliner. Also does any one have any suggestions on this or tips.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
No wires in the headliner the recon kit comes with wiring it's easy to install

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd go with oem lights and harness, heard a lot of mixed results with the recons and that you have to drill bigger holes for them. The harness that the light harness plugs into should be in the pillar or kick plate area. Do a quick search I've seen a few threads on this subject.

·
sooty
409 Posts
i have the cab light harness out of an 05 if you want. the lights alone are only about 13.00ea at the dealer. pm me if interested. i have some of the lights but not all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would definitely install oem cab lights before installing a third party kit such as Recon, Putco, etc. I installed a set of Recons on my last truck, what a horrible fit. I am a professional collision repair tech so no doubt on performing the install correct. None of them really fit that well, but two stuck up an 1/8" off the truck. Took them off, had to weld up the oversized holes that Recon required for installation then I installed OEM cab lights which fit beautifully. Then I just installed cab light covers to get the clear cab lights instead of the amber covers.

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I put the recon lights in my 96 truck, they were nice for awhile, but now the bases coating is peeling off, the lenses faded some, and one LED is giving me troubles, once and awhile the LED is only about half illuminated, a quick smack and it comes back how it should.

I would go OEM... perhaps with a good LED bulb

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Get some oem lights from a junkyard with the harness for them. Some $11 white led bulbs from eBay and clear covers for $20 from eBay. You'll still pay less than what recon stuff is actually worth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts