Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey G&G's

Anyone put an air filter on the incoming air into the cab to filter out dust and odours? any suggestions on how one would do this?

Thanks,

jrc

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
obs did not come with a cabin filter I checked around and could not find any kits to do it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I`ve seen this also;was wondering about it too.they sell it for my 96 but I didn`t. buy cause I didn`t know where its located.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have never seen any filters for cab filtration and was wondering if anyone has done this. Wondering if there would be room for one just inside the firewall where the ducting comes through? What type of filter material would a guy use?

Thanks guys...

jrc

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Have never seen any filters for cab filtration and was wondering if anyone has done this. Wondering if there would be room for one just inside the firewall where the ducting comes through? What type of filter material would a guy use?

Thanks guys...

jrc
I just cut up a house filter to replace the stocker in my scion but,it has a tray to slide it into. I see no reason why you could not fab something to use a peice of filter media and make your own.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just cut up a house filter to replace the stocker in my scion but,it has a tray to slide it into. I see no reason why you could not fab something to use a peice of filter media and make your own.
Thanks Aljay...rather than reinventing......fishing to see if anyone of you smart guys have done this so I could just copy or rather make less mistakes if left on my own....hahaha

jrc

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
If you pull the blower motor out you'll see where the air is drawn in from, it's in the right rear of the front fender/pass. kick panel area.

I've never bothered to mess with it, though I have thought about it. I have too many other things that are higher priority on the truck. LOL

Dave

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you pull the blower motor out you'll see where the air is drawn in from, it's in the right rear of the front fender/pass. kick panel area.

I've never bothered to mess with it, though I have thought about it. I have too many other things that are higher priority on the truck. LOL

Dave
Totally get it with higher priority Dave....Wife has been saying....THAT doesn't look like a bathroom fixture..... wants one....in downstairs for the knuckleheads...(kids).... sooo....happy wife....happy life.....hahahaa....actually we do need a spare for the kids.....and red truck has had a fair bit of attention this last year...heh heh....

thanks and will dig around to see what I can do in terms of filtration....

jrc

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
I was always told to cut panty hose and glue over the air intake when I was landscaping but never did it. I made a port on the evap case in order to hose out from under the hood.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was always told to cut panty hose and glue over the air intake when I was landscaping but never did it. I made a port on the evap case in order to hose out from under the hood.
Cool.....any pix Centxdiesel?

thanks for the suggestion..

jrc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts