Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's got it and what are you running?

Would you do it again if you had the choice?

Pricing would be nice as well.

It's for the truck in my signature if that makes any difference.

·
hit n miss
549 Posts
Have not used it yet but got an Oil Guard unit to put in the truck.

You might browse the filtration section, there were a couple threads on this topic in there. Read good things about the OG unit on here and a couple other forums. IIRC I paid $130 for mine new off Ebay.

·
An Ancient view on life
314 Posts
I use the FS-2500, run the oil to 15,000 to 20,000 miles and can still read the leters on the dip stick. Cost was then about $450.00, I think now about $550.00.

http://www.fs2500filter.com/

I even have one on the Jetta TDI.

JonFord :ford:

·
Registered
728 Posts
OMG that is a lot of miles to run between oil changes. But if it works that well I might have to look into getting one. I probably will not get that brave but might stretch it a little. But 15k wow. Looking on the money side of it. It paid for itself within two oil changes

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
I've got the Amsoil dual bypass kit on my '97. It works fine, I'd probably go that route again if I did it over. I got some slightly longer hoses and mounted mine behind the T-case on the inside of the frame rail to try and keep it out of the way of anything the tires sling up.

Justin

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Justin, you remember how much it set you back?

I know saying Amsoil automatically doubles what it should be, but still...

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
I want to think $250-$300? Not for sure, it's been a year or so since I got it. I actually bought mine through the diesel site. They used to make a custom bracket and repackage them for sale, but I don't see it on their website anymore. The amsoil link just sends you to amsoil's website.

Justin

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's not too awful bad then...

Thanks!!

·
Sponsor
1,583 Posts
I am absolutley amazed at the difference the FS2500 makes!!! We have a few customers running them, that have stretched their intervals out to 20,000 miles as stated above... And the only reason they change it then is because they are scared to take it any further. The oil analysis always comes back clean.

They are the most amazing filter I've ever seen. Its crazy to think that you can pull your dipstick 20,000 miles later and still find clean oil.

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
i'm running the FS2500 and what the other guys sai,it is amazing what this filter does. Change my oil every 10.000 k for warrenty reason only,analysis are showing clean oil and perfect 5/40 grades .01% soot.

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
in addition to the FS2500 i run the amsoil 5/40 syn. and your good for normaly 25k or more

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
i'm running the FS2500 and what the other guys sai,it is amazing what this filter does. Change my oil every 10.000 k for warrenty reason only,analysis are showing clean oil and perfect 5/40 grades .01% soot.
check the web site at fs2500.com

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just went to their web site and looked around...if it's half as good as the website makes it seem it's still a very nice product...

Nate, who were those guys sending their oil samples to?

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
if you want a got sample analysis go to a big rig dealer they can give you plenty of info where to go, i go to a hewlitt cat dealer not far from my place takes 24 to 48 hrs to get the results in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got the Amsoil dual bypass kit on my '97. It works fine, I'd probably go that route again if I did it over. I got some slightly longer hoses and mounted mine behind the T-case on the inside of the frame rail to try and keep it out of the way of anything the tires sling up.

Justin
Count me in on being #2, doing this same thing, although I've had mine on now for 8 years or more, and my install is the same as above.
I run 15k, change filters, run another 15K then change oil and filters. Usually analysis says it's ok to continue, but where the difference is here, is that my oil is looking pretty black, so I change it just for peace of mind.
Unlike the FS2000, your oil will still show as looking dirty after 15k, but analysis shows all is fine and you can continue to 30k with no problem. I do suggest oil analysis for anyone on an extended drain period though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am running an Amsoil filter ($35) mounted on a standard remote filter mount with a brass plug (3/6 or 1/2 inch?) drilled at a little less than 1/16 inch. Change my oil (Rotella syn) at 15,000 even though testing says ok and it is clean

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I assembled a DIY system and use the Amsoil filter, run Delo 400 and flip it out every 5K or so, have never had it (oil) tested. It is not like the FS2000 in that it does get black but is much better then stock...Got a how too in my sig if you look under truck folder....the hardest part was getting a filterhead the same thread as the Amsoil threads.....

cheers,

jrc

·
993 Posts
I assembled a DIY system and use the Amsoil filter, run Delo 400 and flip it out every 5K or so, have never had it (oil) tested. It is not like the FS2000 in that it does get black but is much better then stock...Got a how too in my sig if you look under truck folder....the hardest part was getting a filterhead the same thread as the Amsoil threads.....
cheers,
jrc
What filter do you use J cart?
Thats what I plan on doing can't see paying 650.00 I know it is worth it but good grief!
I need to git'r done.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Hey Larry,

I use the Amsoil BE100 series bypass filter (name might have changed now) but it is their bypass filter, as I recall the thread size is 1" with 16 threads per inch which at the time was a hassle in finding.

Yes would love the FS2000 however, I can not justify without running full synthetic. Once looked at the cost and ...Delo 400 with fleetguard filter on the block and Amsoil by-pass with extending the intervals a bit works for me...if I had a brand new engine perhaps....

Think I have the part number for the filterhead on in my truck pix folder in my sig link...

jrc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts