Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Amsoil BMK-21 bypass system and was wondering if any non amsoil filters would work on it and what is the thread pitch on the base? It would be nice to be able to buy a similar filter at NAPA because I am within a mile of one and it would be cheaper. It wouldn't even have to filter down to the 1 or 2 microns the amsoil one does.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
I have an Amsoil BMK-21 bypass system and was wondering if any non amsoil filters would work on it and what is the thread pitch on the base? It would be nice to be able to buy a similar filter at NAPA because I am within a mile of one and it would be cheaper. It wouldn't even have to filter down to the 1 or 2 microns the amsoil one does.
IIRC it is a 1-16 thread but I am not aware of any cheaper filters that will fit on the head. If you want a more economical bypass look at the FG FL777 or Baldwin B164. Both are 1-4 microns nominal....

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is I already have the Amsoil unit mounted and Id rather not change to a different one. I though I had read of someone putting a different filter on the amsoil unit.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
The problem is I already have the Amsoil unit mounted and Id rather not change to a different one. I though I had read of someone putting a different filter on the amsoil unit.
I know perma-cool used to make a 2 micron (at God knows what efficiency) bypass that would fit but I think it was discontinued....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
maybe this belongs here not sure...im looking at the amsoil bypass kit for my 6.0, but it shows that it gets mounted right where my coolant filter goes, anyone have the same problem, or am i missing something?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe this belongs here not sure...im looking at the amsoil bypass kit for my 6.0, but it shows that it gets mounted right where my coolant filter goes, anyone have the same problem, or am i missing something?
You don't have to mount it there. I mounted mine on the frame near the transmission cross-member because I also have a coolant filter. If it wasn't raining Id take a picture.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You don't have to mount it there. I mounted mine on the frame near the transmission cross-member because I also have a coolant filter. If it wasn't raining Id take a picture.
that helps thanks alot...i think they also make a bracket that takes both...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts