Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at going to a by-pass filter setup, my question is, can it be used with any oil? Syn vs Dino?

I'm thinking about switching over to synthetic also, but if I do, and I want to switch back go Dino oil, I can still use it correct?

I like the idea of better filtration, as I'd like my truck to run as long as possible, and knowing the oil takes a beating, anything I can do to help is money well spent IMHO.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
I'm looking at going to a by-pass filter setup, my question is, can it be used with any oil? Syn vs Dino?

I'm thinking about switching over to synthetic also, but if I do, and I want to switch back go Dino oil, I can still use it correct?

I like the idea of better filtration, as I'd like my truck to run as long as possible, and knowing the oil takes a beating, anything I can do to help is money well spent IMHO.
You can go back and forth between synthetics and conventional at any time. Yes a bypass will work well with either dino or a synthetic.

IMHO the biggest problem with oil in a 7.3 is shearing and no filter can do anything for that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the Amsoil by-pass last nite. I've been doing alot of reading on here, and from what I've read the by-pass helps anyways, and I'm gonna try the Valvoline Extreme Blue and see how the truck likes it.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
I ordered the Amsoil by-pass last nite. I've been doing alot of reading on here, and from what I've read the by-pass helps anyways, and I'm gonna try the Valvoline Extreme Blue and see how the truck likes it.
Yeah sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like they are useless they are helpful on a HEUI system. If you plan on running long OCI's you need to watch the shear. I am sure your truck will like VPBE...it is good stuff.

I plan on running the baldwin B164 on my truck soon. Not as good as Amsoil(15 absolute/2 nominal vs. 2 absolute) but more commonly found and like 6-7 bucks a whack.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't take it that way at all. I may wait to install it, I'm looking at performance stuff now, so....... LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hopefully you paid wholesale on the bypass rather than retail. Give us a shout on your performance stuff we can help you save some money on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts