Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else could try this and give me their results. I ran a buzz test with one of my VC plugs disconnected and when the injectors that were disconnected were supposed to buzz, other injectors buzzed but at low power and quieter than normal. I've experimented and it doesn't matter which ones are unplugged, it will still buzz lightly on whichever ones are still connected when it's the disconnected injector's turn to buzz. I've checked voltages at the disconnected plug and I get voltage every time an injector buzzes but not full voltage(10-15V). When it is the injector that I'm checking the voltage at's turn I get higher voltage(25-30V). I know the numbers aren't correct because of the sample rate of my voltmeter but it's still something for reference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I'm chasing a ghost with this problem and it may be a default strategy to protect the idm because I can find nothing wrong. The only thing I've found that I'm unsure of is that at the idm itself pins 18(inj. ground shield) to 12(not used) have continuity and pins 25(not used) to 12(not used) also have continuity.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my other thread was deleted? Wtf?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Your other thread is still around OBS97... No boost, no power, white smoke
As for the phantom injector noises... high energy electricity can induce currents in parallel wires that are close. However, I don't think that is your problem as I don't think the IDM at 120 volts dc would have enough power to cause the other solenoids to wiggle. As for no codes while doing a buzz check - it may be that the IDM disables the usual open/grounded fault checking when running the test.

Cj

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I swear I couldn't find it, even my alerts for that thread were gone... strange. Well I still don't know if this is normal or not and whether or not I should be going down this path, I've checked every wire in the IDM harness and injector harness and everything checks out ok. Even opened up the IDM to inspect for water damage. I've got nothing. I just need to know if this is normal or not being that its probably not common knowledge because nobody ever runs buzz tests with injectors unplugged except for my dumba** lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still never ordered the balanced assembly from KC turbos since I stumbled upon this issue and I'm in limbo until I get an answer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally found the info... I am chasing a ghost smh. Back to the turbo rebuild.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Nice find. I'll have to remember that. Thanks! As for stock turbo... On my 97 I run 2 to 3 or so lb of boost running on level highway. Slight hills will kick it up to 5 to 7 lbs. Foot in it when unloaded I can get up to 12ish, usually around 10 or 11psi. Heavy load and I run around 5 to 7 psi boost on level and 11 to 14 climbing hills. The stock turbo is not that efficient in my opinion.

Cj

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm going the balanced assembly route and this is based on my other discussion. Unless you think I'm heading the wrong way in blaming the turbo?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'll post a reply on the no boost thread...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts