Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on getting a new Motorcraft 110 amp alternator and batteries for my truck. I'm ordering the alternator from Tousley Ford since it's about half the price compared to my local stealership. Does anyone have any suggestions for what type of batteries I should get? I want to stick with the Motorcraft ones but not sure what CCA's they come in again? Anyone know and how much they run on average?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm putting cat batteries in mine later this week I have heard they are way heavy duty and last longer I was quoted 130 ea hope this helps

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Where are you getting them from? And thanks for the response.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
I just bought a new alternator. I got a brand new one from advanced autoparts. (All 100% new not remanned) It was a lot cheaper than a ford one and uses all new parts. Iifc it was right at $200 with a 10 core. I used a coupon code to get $50 off which saved a good deal. I had replaced the batteries like a week or so before. I wish i would have done the same deal and bought them separately using the same code for a total savings of nearly 120 bucks. You can order online and pick it up at the store. The cupon codes were VISA which gives you like $30 of a 75-100 dollar purchase and 50 off 150+ purchase. Another code is big50 which is 50 off a 200 dollar purchase. If you buy all 3 items seprately you would save a chunk. I imagine advance has similar batteries to autozone but I ended up with autozone batteries because of the 1000 cca and the ease of warranty. I had them on my last superduty and never had a lick of problems

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thanks for the great info. Definitely will go this route and was already considering it but those coupons made it even better. Were the batteries you got duralast gold or what kind? Do you have part numbers?

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
I bought the batteries before I found the coupon codes. The batteries are from auto zone and they don't have the same offers. I have had the duralast golds previously and had good luck with them. The advance batteries are likely made by the same company johnson controls that makes walmart and even autozones batteries. Infact in the past month I have bought 3 batteries and 2 alternators. ( Mustang and psd).... I bought the batteries first and after I couldn't find rebuild parts easily on my psd I went with a new alternator. I then a week later had the mustang alt go so I ended up getting a rebuilt unit from advance since it was ridiculous for a new alt for that car. $365 ridiculous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts