Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
6.0 money pit
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever bought ammo online? looking around and some places have it for a fair price compared to around town. shooting a .40 is going to get expensive quick if i keep buying it from academy :doh:

·
Rock Steady
959 Posts
anyone ever bought ammo online? looking around and some places have it for a fair price compared to around town. shooting a .40 is going to get expensive quick if i keep buying it from academy :doh:
I have used ammobank.com quick ship, some decent pricing .

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I also use cheaper than dirt. They have some good prices on some fun little accessories and what not also. You just have to buy a decent amount at once to make it worth your while because of shipping.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've used natchez before as well as sgammo.com both with good results

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Sportsman Guide is a great place with low prices. We have bought 10k + rounds from them, never had a problem.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
CDNN

Call these guys, killer deals on 40s&w right now.

·
Know nothin' PSD driver
2,292 Posts
I also use cheaper than dirt. They have some good prices on some fun little accessories and what not also. You just have to buy a decent amount at once to make it worth your while because of shipping.
:whs: NOT that I have a gun, but if i did and I were going to buy 500-1000 at a time this is where I'd go.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

·
hvac man
498 Posts
If the op doesn't mind a little de-rail....................how much can a guy save by reloading his own?
Not counting the expense of buying the equipment.

·
6.0 money pit
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not sure reloading your own would save enough to justify the time it would take as well as the hassle. but ive never looked into it.

btw thanks for the help with the ammo guys

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
If the op doesn't mind a little de-rail....................how much can a guy save by reloading his own?
Not counting the expense of buying the equipment.
It is going to depend on the cartridge and how much you shoot.

On a extreme side one of my rifles chambered in 340 Weatherby mag likes the Weatherby ammo loaded with Barnes 225 grain TTSX bullets. It cost around $120 for a box of 20. I can reload just about the same load for $40 per 20 rounds.

But you should be able to reload for around 1/4 of what factory rounds cost once you have a supply of brass

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,630 Posts
10 year old thread, and none of those guys have not logged on in years.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
It is going to depend on the cartridge and how much you shoot.
<snipped>
Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
Not that I would, because guns are scary . . .

But if you buy components in bulk, you can definitely bring the price down.

10 year old thread, and none of those guys have not logged on in years.
Isn't it funny, though, that the same sentiments are happening today?

People looking for ammo and components.

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
5,959 Posts

Well, 10 years ago we had a Democrat in the White House which always dries up the ammo and reloading supplies.

Today we have all of these "peaceful demonstrations" and it is to the point that firearms along with ammo and reloading supplies are flying off of the shelves. On another forum that I am on there are claims of primers are all the way up to $300 per thousand.

Where is Andy when we need him.

·
Administrator
8,630 Posts
Not that I would, because guns are scary . . .

But if you buy components in bulk, you can definitely bring the price down.

Guns are not scary, incompetent people with guns are scary.
I have never heard of a gun killing anyone on it's own.
It has to be in a person's hand to kill.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Tom,

I personally took Jax's comment as jest :). A gal that can take on an abused torn down truck and put it back together with little prior knowledge probably doesn't fear guns. Jax was military too. I do agree with "incompetent people with guns"...

Cj

1 - 20 of 30 Posts