Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying AE and I want to know if once it is installed on my computer if it can be transfered on to a different one. reason I ask is I have an old computer and plan on upgrading soon. If i cant transfer might be a good excuse to buy a new laptop

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
the software can no problem I have it on a few computers

since it's really the hardware and it's serial # that track the unit that makes this work

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
to clarify

The process is different for USB and serial versions of the product. USB versions are hardware keyed to the USB connector. Once you purchase an option, a 64-digit code will be sent to you that will be used to activate your new options. That code can then be subsequently installed on as many computers as you like. The serial version gets three activations in a 12 month period. This code is computer-based so any change to the computer setup may require a new activation code. USB-based products activations will arrive with your package so you can be up and running immediately. Adding support to a USB-based product and serial-based products activations are done through email. Please do not call technical support for activation codes, this is only done through email. The process is posted here: Click here for email activation process.
most use the USB version

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! now just have to wait for the mail to get here

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
if your getting a new computer hang on to your old one
it looks lie A/E isn't windows 8 friendly yet

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Guessing not supported by Apple products?

·
Registered
130 Posts
It will work with windows 8, just don't update to 8.1, something about the USB not reading the scanner.

Not supported by apple, but there are programs that allow you to run windows software on your mac.

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
then u get to buy the adaptive software and a windows OS software
just to make a mac a PC

better to get a cheap PC for stuff like this IMHO

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
then u get to buy the adaptive software and a windows OS software
just to make a mac a PC

better to get a cheap PC for stuff like this IMHO
I run Microsoft Office Suite on my MacBook Air and it's been really stable, with very few glitches. In respect of running a parallel Windows OS on my Mac nope not gonna do it just the thought of Windows Vista.....

So the AE software comes on a USB stick and not a disc right? As I do have a Windows 7 (i think thats the OS) little Toshiba laptop, the kids don't use anymore but it's not got a CD/DVD drive on it only USB ports.

thanks,

jrc

·
Registered
130 Posts
No, the program comes on a CD. The scan tool is usb.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Gotcha thanks

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Use another computer to copy the CD onto a memory stick then use that to install the software onto the laptop that doesn't have a CD drive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Reactions: bradenthomas32

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
You can download the current version as well as the current firmware for the driver. I just updated to version 12.0 yesterday on a couple of computers and updated my firmware.

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
agreed
but if you don't have the current license or the newest version you would have to pay to update those with older devices would have to upgrade the hardware( anti piracy dongle ) at on their own dime so thats where the request for a past version is handy

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
You can download the current version as well as the current firmware for the driver. I just updated to version 12.0 yesterday on a couple of computers and updated my firmware.
So I purchase the firmware and software online and have the physical connector sent in the mail and or is there a blue tooth connector I could buy too?

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
you buy a box with the hardware and software CD when u load it up you can update to the newest version if that isn't what yours was shipped with (unlikely most drop ship )

you have a 1 year subscription to update if newer versions become available after that you re up or just do nothing and use your version if at a later date you want a new version you re new with no past penalty
IIRC

·
Registered
161 Posts
Getting AE to deal with my '00 SD 7.3, but the wife has a 2013 Exploder and I would like to retrieve the door lock combination. Anyone know if AE will do that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts