Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a 95 powerstroke from oregon and was wondering if I would have a trouble registering it in california? I read somewhere certain diesel vehicles i would not be able to register, so if anyone knows please reply. Would like to have piece of mind before spending $3500 on a truck and not be able to register it.

·
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
367 Posts
Not sure where you read that, but either someone posted some really bad info, or you got it mixed up. Either way, you can register your vehicle in Cali.

Stewart

·
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
367 Posts
Well, I'm sure the CA DMV went into specifics, but your question was very generalized.

Stewart

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I think as long as it passes smog/emissions test then you can register. I'm not from Cali...just guessing.

·
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
367 Posts
'95's aren't included in the new diesel smog test requirements.

Stewart

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
'95's aren't included in the new diesel smog test requirements.

Stewart
:whs: I dont think you will have a problem. DMV might make you go down to one of the offices to verify the vin or some BS, but thats about it IIRC.

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Yup, you need to have the VIN verified. Matt's race truck is out of TX and he just had a Cop buddy sign it off for him. I don't know why they would not let you register it, but why not just call DMV and ask them to be sure?

·
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
367 Posts
I smogged my F250 this year.

Passed with flying colors. :smirk: ;)

Stewart

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
it should say under the hood which states it legal in. should be fine. i think there will be more tax because it was never registered in cali. i cant remember though.

·
Registered
671 Posts
if im correct the obs up to 96 were federal trucks then in 97 they made a cali model which had split shots . so you will be fine, also the fact youll be smog exempt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts