Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these motors? they come with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty and the cost is about $6500, by the time I get done piecing an engine together with machine work, an overhaul kit, injectors, HPOP, turbo, ect. im going to be past that in the dollar amount and I just don't have the time to screw around building a motor, nor am I going to get that good of a warranty anywhere else. The main thing im wanting to know is how complete is this motor? is it a complete, ready to drop in crate motor? or do I need to swap accessories? does it come with all the sensors such as IPR, CPS? the numbnuts parts guy at the dealership had no idea and couldn't answer my questions, he directed me to the website and that doesn't answer my questions either so i thought I would try here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
They usually don't come with turbo, hpop, or injectors. No accessories either. I imagine since there is no hpop, there wouldn't be an ipr either. A few of us helped a friend install one he ordered a couple of years ago so the details are a little fuzzy at this point.

Depending on where you live, you may want to call a couple of dealers and get pricing info. On something that big, one dealers markup may save you quite a bit over another.

·
Registered
853 Posts
rock auto has long block reman 7.3s for around 4500$ I don't think remans come with heads either

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know you can get a few different options from Ford you can get a short block (no heads) a long block (rebuilt bottom end and rebuilt heads) or a complete reman (turbo to oil pan and all new sensors)

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
swamps has reasonably priced rebuilt engines. I'd trust them before anyone else. I'j just find a low mile junk yard long block and throw it in, but thats me

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My truck had a ford reman installed from the dealer (before I bought the truck, didnt know at the time). It lasted about 60,000 then threw 2 rods. no tuning, no heavy modifications. When I tore the motor apart to see what happened I found a lot of bolts were WAY over torqued, all of the injectors were mismatched, the list goes on. Either way, I cant be sure why this particular motor was the way it was since I didnt own the truck when this work was done. I put in an engine from a junk yard with 44,000 on it and havent looked back.

Just a little info

Reactions: cadd

·
Registered
134 Posts
what about a t444e long block from international anyone gone that route before?

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
They are just selling a Ford Reman...not building it themselves....

Most remans are long blocks (Heads, Block and all internal components).
correct, the link above was to the Ford reman units we offer.

Here is a link to the 7.3L's we build & dyno in house.

Assembled Performance Engines - Swamps Diesel Performance

we routinely modify either of these 'base' engine's to suit a particular customer or application.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts