Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
4 cylinder has timing chain.
V6 has timing belt.
Definitely do timing belt and tensioner

I do mine every 90,000-100,000. Honda recommended @ 90,000.

Keep all fluids fresh and you will drive 300,000 easy with a Honda.

We are on our 4th Honda and each has provided 250,000 plus....

1989 Honda Civic Dx--146,000, then my roommate drove it another 100,000 before he sold it...trashed.
1991 Honda Prelude SI 4WS--My sister's car for first 250,000 and then I drove it to 404,000 before selling...regret this as these cars are desired now.
1997 Honda Wagon EX--200,000--Sold--Local Pastor drove another 5 years--Now a mail car for local USPS driver--Last year of Honda Wagon...this was a cool ride.
2007 Honda Pilot LX--Currently 233,000 and rolling....

Enjoy.

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
Update.

Finally got a car purchased. After looking over dozens of cars and discovering that nearly every car on craigslist was some nigerian car flipper with a rebuilt/salvage title listed as spotlessly clean... I came across this one. It has some paint blemishes, but I didn't expect it to look brand new.

Has 112k on it. One owner car from Brownsville Texas. Carfax came back really clean minus a minor fender bender from a few years ago.

Will be nice to get 30mpg while keeping the miles off my truck. A mechanic friend of mine says it needs a few minor things engine wise... serpentine belt, and a hose or two, but overall it is solid as can be.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Solid choice. Maintain the fluids and that car will pretty much run forever. It ain't gonna get no 30mpg though. More like 20.

Side note, I hated my little Chevy Malibu....but damn I miss putting 10 bucks in it and it would last all week.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
4 cylinder has timing chain.
V6 has timing belt.
Hmmm. Ya know you might be right. Come to think of it, I can't recall ever working on those 4 cyl. The v tech solenoids leak all the time, but I don't believe I've had one down to the chains. Is the water pump external?

I can't ever remember ####. Good thing breathing is involuntary, else I'd never make it

·
Premium Member
9,187 Posts
Hmmm. Ya know you might be right. Come to think of it, I can't recall ever working on those 4 cyl. The v tech solenoids leak all the time, but I don't believe I've had one down to the chains. Is the water pump external?

I can't ever remember ####. Good thing breathing is involuntary, else I'd never make it
no idea. never got that far into them. they seem to run forever with general maintenance, but they are way to small for me to fit in. so i don't mess with them.

·
don't play well w others
4,953 Posts
no idea. never got that far into them. they seem to run forever with general maintenance, but they are way to small for me to fit in. so i don't mess with them.
Pretty much everything is too small for you to fit in......

·
PSN Troublemaker
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I've been collecting parts for the car to do this weekend.

Going to replace
Oil & filter
Air filter
Cabin filter
Spark plugs
PS hoses & fluid
Serpentine belt
Windshield wipers
And the washer fluid hoses. (Dry rot)
And some of that fuel system snake oil through the tank for good measure.

I'm going to have the tint re-done front and rear in the next few weeks. Rear window is bubbling. And probably the brakes before too long.

I know the battery will likely need to be replaced before the end of the season. It tested low on cca.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
My simple advice since you would pay it cash is to look everything under the body some sellers tend to focus under the hood and you might want to ask when they replaced some parts that are not from the factory.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts