Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 08 cclb 350 im looking at trading the 7.3 in for.

any tips in buying a used one?

it has 30 k miles and 10 inch lift, 22 inch rockstars, 38 inch tires, 5 inch exhaust road armour bumpers and not sure on tuner or not, its at a dealer and i want to know what to look for.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If it is an 2007 then it is a 6.0, the 6.4 started in 2008.

Either way if you are interested have the dealer pull the Oasis report and get a carfax on it at a bare minimum.

If it is a 6.0 check for signs of coolant on the overflow tank or on the block below the heads. This may not be of any help if they have detailed the engine compartment. More than likely with the amount of accessories on this truck it has a tuner. I would have the dealer flash it back to stock just to make sure. Then you can purchase what you want and you know the slate is clear so to speak. A friend of mine purchased a truck and a year or so later put an Edge package on it and had nothing but trouble. Turns out the previous owner had left a tuner loaded on it and it was causing issues when combined with the Edge.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
If it is an 2007 then it is a 6.0, the 6.4 started in 2008.QUOTE]

Wrong 6.4s started in 07 early as January. Mine is a 07. Most of them are 07 and a half.

That truck sounds like a great deal. Low mileage for a 08. I have 25k on mine. I would look into it if i were u might be a really good truck. I would not down the lift a little but just IMO.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Why are you getting rid of an 01 w/ 50k on it?

·
Registered
661 Posts
well 6.4's are a awesome motor but... i would take a good hard look at that truck. I probably wouldn't buy a truck that was lifted and tuned cuz the guy could have been a jacka$$ w/ it. if all checks out well then its probably a good truck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts