Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buying an 05 with 130k.
i looked it over today and buying it tomorrow.
only thing done performance wise is straight pipe and he says EGR delete.
how do i check that it's been deleted? the valve is still in place. he says the intake minfold was removed, everything was flux core welded shut, no plates.
also, how can it run with egr delete and no tuning?

sorry, i've been out of the 6.0 world for a long time!

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
You could still shut the cel off and it will run. 130k, check degas bottle, if you see any wetness or white film around it or on it, hgs are blown. You may as well figure on a stud job oil cooler and possibly ficm repair. Labor + parts 3-4g.

·
Registered
115 Posts
pull the egr valve and see if its been welded shut

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does have an EGR delete, but no CEL. i just drove it 700 miles and it ran great, just not understanding how it's not throwing a CEL..

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's not throwing the CEL cause he has the EGR in place and plugged in. As 05wh250 said pull the EGR and see if it's welded shut. My bet is that it is.

Be a good time to take a look in the manifold and see how clean it is and if it's wet in there. You could also pull the intake elbow to take a better look too. Should park it for awhile with the rear wheels higher first.

Good luck if you pull the trigger. My truck has been running great. 79K and no major issues. Lots of maintenance though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
x2^ look in the intake for coolant. if there is any, then the blocking plates didnt work and u have a blown cooler. there will be a stored code for low egr flow. not a problem but the cel wont come on because the egr valve is in place and plugged in. i say its a good deal.

·
Back in the 6.oh-no
127 Posts
I have an 05 with a full Sinister delete and no egr valve, just the Sinister plate and have no cel but there are 2 egr codes stored when scanned with my Insight. Some throw the light, some don't, I believe it has something to do with what strategy your running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts