Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I broke the intermediate shaft for the second time. Heres some pics. Anybody know if suncoast has fixed there billet intermediate shaft? I know Rudy was having issues with them and they were gonna fix it. Thanks Ryan Not sure wether to throw a stocker in or a suncoast.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I have been running a stock intermediate in my SunCoast trans. I have 40,000 miles on the transmission, 75+ passes, and I am not easy on my truck. :hehe:

If you absolutely want to go billet, I think Elite has one that is holding up.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya that was another stocker. I have the kem 345. Im gonna try and get my hands on a stocker tomorrow but i doubt thatll happen. If not i may get elites. Im so sick of working on this truck. I beat on it to much offroad and at night. Think its time for a 4 door raptor. Wont touch it and actually have a warranty. If i didnt do all the work myself id be outta a ton of money

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheelin it. Hit the main dirt road and got after it. Didnt go much further after that lol. Left it there on the side. Couple hours later woke up and got it. Pretty much new what had happened already

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Dang man. I did everything I could to break something in my stock transmission....just couldn't do it. This SunCoast in my truck seems bullet proof with all the hell I've put it through.

.....and you have broken 2 intermediate shafts. :hehe:

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Was you spinning and then it suddenly cought

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No ####. And i cracked an od planetary.
no. It snapped still spinning. The dirt road was all tore up

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the intermediates on back order. Anybody have any laying around? Not sure if I want to spend the money on a billet piece and have it break just yet.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am in Michigan. I happened to find the only one in the U.S. It was in kansas. The guy working the counter said it was there since 09. I lucked out. Ohio said they had one but it wasnt on the shelf. Thanks for the offer though. If this one doesnt work Im definately gonna call ya.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Wonder if ATS trans is any stronger?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Id like to cryo it but I dont have the time to wait. I have an interview on friday and need my truck. Im gonna be pushing it as it is.
I wouldnt touch an ATS anything.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i don't know how you feel about river city since some dont like them, but they have billet and i have always got along great with them for service and everything and plan on running there stuff when my trans finally quits

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was in the same boat but with an input shat, needed it back together. I hope this one holds up for you.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Havent dealt with RCD since I got rid of my 6.0. Im gonna run a stocker again until I hear more about the billet shafts holding up. 50 bucks and my times a lot cheaper than 700 and my time for now. haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts