Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, have a question, had new injectors installed in my 02 F350( not by Ford, I know whats coming now but I can't lie). Went to pick the truck up, was smoking bad, but started and ran. Made the mechainic go back and see if he rolled an o ring, he put new o rings on. Still smoked and used oil, seems like minor power loss. I said whats up, He said Bye Bye.http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif it's been suggested that I probably have at least 2 bent rods, does this sound like it could have happened. And whats the easiest way to check compression on these engines. Lastly I've never been in one of these 7.3's, takin apart isn't a problem, how hard is putting together for the regular guy. I don't have a boatload of money, got to work with what i have. Would appreciate any help.

·
HAMMER DOWN
72 Posts
chances are that when he changed the injectors he didnt drain the heads. There are 2 plugs oil and fuel u drain them before u pull the injector. If u dont do that you could also pull the glow plugs and spin the crank by hand the first 7 to 10 revs then pull the crank sensor plug and crank the truck over for 30 secs. Im sure the truck got hydrolocked and it is possible to bend a rod, i saw a mech at ford break a rod in my buddys truck so it could happen anywhere.

·
917 Posts
Were you having the same problems before the new injectors? What symptoms are new since the injector install?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Folks, have a question, had new injectors installed in my 02 F350( not by Ford, I know whats coming now but I can't lie). Went to pick the truck up, was smoking bad, but started and ran. Made the mechainic go back and see if he rolled an o ring, he put new o rings on. Still smoked and used oil, seems like minor power loss. I said whats up, He said Bye Bye.http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif it's been suggested that I probably have at least 2 bent rods, does this sound like it could have happened. And whats the easiest way to check compression on these engines. Lastly I've never been in one of these 7.3's, takin apart isn't a problem, how hard is putting together for the regular guy. I don't have a boatload of money, got to work with what i have. Would appreciate any help.
If you have your original motor, it has PMR's. They don't bend, they break. How many miles have you driven after the install?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were you having the same problems before the new injectors? What symptoms are new since the injector install?
No was not smoking at this level. Have alot of blow-by now to. I took the truck to this guy because the turbo pedestal was cracked and leaking oil, just did not have time to fool with it. He told me he thought a set of injectors would help the truck run better. I said go ahead. called and said it was ready went to get it and was smoking pretty bad. He said I needed to drive it for a bit, I did, didn't improve. Took it back, made him replace the injector seals, still smoked bad. this was a year ago. I've used it smoking pulling my toyhauler, but not much, seems like power is down. I did have the high pressure oil pump go out about 6 months ago, had Ford put a new one in. Lastly the intercooler blew up about 3 months ago so truck is parked for now, but i need to do something one way or another. Anyway thats the story.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I have a almost complete forged rod motor in my garage for sale. Pm if interested inmotor or any of the parts.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
sweet deal right there.

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
yea if its a good drop in candidate its a good deal, and might be a good idea to just start from scratch,...howw did your ic blow up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea if its a good drop in candidate its a good deal, and might be a good idea to just start from scratch,...howw did your ic blow up?
Was pulling my toy hauler up pretty steep road here where I live in southern NM, about a 6 mile run, wasn't pushing it hard, almost topped out and blew up.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
are sure you didnt just blow a tube off?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts