Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got 2011 f250 and noticed when i got out of truck it smell like burning rubber (thought maybe belt but it looks fine) never noticed regen message but could it be possible this could be the cause of it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed the same thing last week too.....2 different days, both after 1 hour drive of 70 miles. I popped the hood, checked the brakes/tires and I have no idea either. Would definitely like to see what this could be....
2011 F350 10,000miles

·
Registered
284 Posts
take a close look at the small exhaust egr tubes on the top/front of the engine. They have been known to crack, sometimes causing excessive heat to melt the washer tubing.
We have had this happen several times already.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In 18 months I noticed that smell only once, about one year ago. I know it was when a shut the truck down in the middle of a regen. Just wrote it off to a very hot exhaust system during the regen. ---- Love the truck.

·
Registered
444 Posts
love mine as well but i notice this quite often. will check the tubes. Thankx...

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 08 smells like burning rubber when shut down during a regen, other than the previous post about an EGR issue it is most likely the same smell

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My 11 also has had this smell two or three times in 34,000 miles. (It's 15 months old the 20th!) I also looked it over pretty good, I smelled it while driving one time. Never heard about the tube thing, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
We had several of these tubes break on our trucks... but it seems to have stopped once most of them were replaced. Our trucks are early release 2011 C&C trucks... Maybe the tubes have been since updated.
At one time, the dealer we used actually pulled one off a new truck on the lot to get our company truck back on the road, said they had replaced several, even on brand new p/u with no miles..

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have an 11 also and have smelled the burning but only once when i shut it down in regen like others have posted. Weird smell for it being regen dont you think ?

·
Registered
444 Posts
what tubes exactly? went looking tonight but couldn't decide which ones you were talking about.

·
Registered
284 Posts
There are two of them, but only one has been prone to breaking... Its a bout 1 to 1 1/4 in diameter, on top of the engine, passenger side. it will have a stainless flex joint made into it...

·
Registered
700 Posts
check ur urea tube not sure where its located ontop of the exhuast somewhere. my grandfathers urea was pinched and caused the burning rubber smell. did the truck feel like its sluggish?

·
Registered
444 Posts
great thankx..... i did see these pipes with the flex joints, will look further. any more info on the urea idea.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
check ur urea tube not sure where its located ontop of the exhuast somewhere. my grandfathers urea was pinched and caused the burning rubber smell. did the truck feel like its sluggish?
I think those were shipping problems, where the transporter strapped down over it or something. They should all be out of the picture by now, also don't know why there would be a burning smell from that, I think it caused a CEL, not sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts