Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about having the oem bumpers line x sprayed?

·
Registered
461 Posts
It will be ugly. I know what you are going for but it will not look good. Powdercoat it of anything.

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just dont feel like spending a arm and a leg buying steel bumpers and having them painted, but this chrome has got to go. my end goal is going to be a set of fab fours bumpers, but the front bumper alone is $2500.

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
i just dont feel like spending a arm and a leg buying steel bumpers and having them painted, but this chrome has got to go. my end goal is going to be a set of fab fours bumpers, but the front bumper alone is $2500.
...don't listen to them...it will look fine...I did my chrome bumper myself....so if you have it done professionally it will look even better

BTW....if you want something different than Chinese made Fab Four bumpers,...at about half the price....let me know...we have plenty options to offer(some aren't pictured)

[/IMG]

·
Registered
461 Posts
Tanks, I stand corrected. You did a nice job on that bumper. :)

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really a fan of the iron bull as they look more round then the fab fours

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Tanks, I stand corrected. You did a nice job on that bumper. :)
Thanks man!

It's all in the prep,...and if you don't take pride in your work, and just slop it on...it will come out like crap.

I took my time, sanded, scuffed, and rolled it on evenly(as per the directions),..
....and the outcome was better than I expected.

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the fab four rear bumper much better then the iron bull, and i like the design of the pre runner style they offer. Nothing against the quality of the bulls just personal preference on looks

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I like the fab four rear bumper much better then the iron bull, and i like the design of the pre runner style they offer. Nothing against the quality of the bulls just personal preference on looks
No prob man...can't please everyone...you should look around the Ironbull website though, you may find something you like that isn't pictured here....especially when Ironbull's sometimes run half as much as Fab Fours...

..good luck.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I like the Fab Fours rear bumper as well but they do not sell with the spots cut out for the sensors. I do not want to go through the pain of ordering an unfinished bumper, shipping it to a place to get cut adn then powder coated etc. I was a little shocked that they would not do the cut outs. All well, I will keep my money.

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tank- check your pm please

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I like the Fab Fours rear bumper as well but they do not sell with the spots cut out for the sensors. I do not want to go through the pain of ordering an unfinished bumper, shipping it to a place to get cut adn then powder coated etc. I was a little shocked that they would not do the cut outs. All well, I will keep my money.
Bummer.... Ironbull bumpers come stock with sensor holes in them...you have to ask for no holes if you don't want them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bummer.... Ironbull bumpers come stock with sensor holes in them...you have to ask for no holes if you don't want them.
Tank - I'm a fan for sure. Can we get front bumpers with square cutouts to accept a rigid led vs. round cutouts? That would be a benefit for me personally and one reason I am cross shopping Fusion.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Tank - I'm a fan for sure. Can we get front bumpers with square cutouts to accept a rigid led vs. round cutouts? That would be a benefit for me personally and one reason I am cross shopping Fusion.
That could be an issue...all the bumpers are made from jigs...it's not as easy to change a jig as you might think...jigs costs around 20k.

You are better off having someone who makes "homemade" bumpers do it for you.

sorry.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah it kills me that they will not do it on the FabFours. They need to work on their customer service a bit. I dropped the idea.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That could be an issue...all the bumpers are made from jigs...it's not as easy to change a jig as you might think...jigs costs around 20k.

You are better off having someone who makes "homemade" bumpers do it for you.

sorry.
Thanks for the reply Tank, I appreciate it. Sounds like maybe I just need to change lights!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts