Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a new Road Armor bumper installed on my 2001 F250. When I purchased the truck, it had an Ali Arc aluminum bumper on it. My problem is there is a strange crossmember and two brackets that hang below the bumper in the front of the truck. It looks terrible! The crossmember is not related to the Ali Arc bumper but I am not sure what it is. I cannot take it off because the front springs do link to it. It looks like an aftermarket part and I thought it may be a snowplow hook up but the two brackets do have a Ford stamp on them. It was covered by the Ali Arc bumper, but hangs below the Road Armor and looks terrible. Anyone know what this is? Is it factory?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think it's part of the factory snow plow prep package.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that it was a snow plow bracket. Did Ford offer a snow plow prep package? I could not find any use for the cross bar at all.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
It's the bash bar (without see pics). There wasn't an factory optioned snow plow mount from Ford. You may have some sort of hanger lift installed as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
It keeps hybrids and Smart cars from cluttering up the underside of your truck. I cant say enough that PICS are needed to be sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts