Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
It is released. I have emails from Bullydog and a couple other Bullydog dealers that says they have them in stock and ready to ship. I will not try one cause i have had nothing but problems with Bullydog products in the past. I am waiting on H&S or Innovative to come out with theres.

Dan

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
It is released. I have emails from Bullydog and a couple other Bullydog dealers that says they have them in stock and ready to ship. I will not try one cause i have had nothing but problems with Bullydog products in the past. I am waiting on H&S or Innovative to come out with theres.

Dan
Same here...really waiting for Innovative

·
Registered
124 Posts
yeah spartan it's out. Lets not get too hasty on calling other companies in to question.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I recieved my GT with 6.7 programming today and I like to give some feedback. The GT download worked great right out of the box and I've put a few miles on the truck in the extreme power level. Download time much shorter than the 6.4's which is nice. Transmission shifting seems to adapt well to the added power, no problems or issues shifting. I would like to see the shifts made earlier than stock, but until transmission programming is added I guess this is what we get. Power starts to come on hard at about 2500 rpm and thats where you really feel the power gains. I ran a TS pressure box prior to this, which also worked well. I'm going to try to dyno it next week to get a stock baseline and then with just the TS box, just the Bullydog, then both stacked. Down side is the truck runs 37 inch tires some the numbers will be lower than others. Ran it this morning with them stacked and boy does it pull hard.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I recieved my GT with 6.7 programming today and I like to give some feedback. The GT download worked great right out of the box and I've put a few miles on the truck in the extreme power level. Download time much shorter than the 6.4's which is nice. Transmission shifting seems to adapt well to the added power, no problems or issues shifting. I would like to see the shifts made earlier than stock, but until transmission programming is added I guess this is what we get. Power starts to come on hard at about 2500 rpm and thats where you really feel the power gains. I ran a TS pressure box prior to this, which also worked well. I'm going to try to dyno it next week to get a stock baseline and then with just the TS box, just the Bullydog, then both stacked. Down side is the truck runs 37 inch tires some the numbers will be lower than others. Ran it this morning with them stacked and boy does it pull hard.
What are the power levels the GT is offering? Bully Dogs website doesn't show any info that I could find on this new product. Look forward to your further reviews and dyno numbers.

·
Registered
475 Posts
What are the power levels the GT is offering? Bully Dogs website doesn't show any info that I could find on this new product. Look forward to your further reviews and dyno numbers.
Nothing published on Bullydog site, but one of the Bullydog guy's(Tim) posted approx. hp as towing 50, performance 80, and extreme 120. It felt about the same as the TS box by itself using the seat of the pants feel, the TS box had a harder hit in the midrange. We have a slight uphill with a start and end point that we use to "test" acceleration. It's right around 1/4 mile for length and we just look for more mph out the other end. By no means a science but gives you some idea if you moving forward.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i ran a beta gt for about 4k miles. made more power, mileage was the same (as expected) its a great option for the ones not wanting to mess with dpf.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also ran a TS box for a while. made 71 whp on our superflow dyno.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok lets say im thinking about the h&s black maxx (if its every released) would it be a better idea to stack it with MP-8 or the bullydog tune?(what are the pros and cons) I believe the MP-8 is cheaper and is only a small switch, so I could get the monitor with the black maxx.

·
Registered
42 Posts
personally i would just run the min maxx. i have the mp8 on the truck and I dont think is makes much more power stacked. by itself the mp8 made 71 whp

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ok lets say im thinking about the h&s black maxx (if its every released) would it be a better idea to stack it with MP-8 or the bullydog tune?(what are the pros and cons) I believe the MP-8 is cheaper and is only a small switch, so I could get the monitor with the black maxx.
You would have to ask yourself what are looking for in the end from your choice of tuners/boxes. I too have run all of them and here's how I choose. If you want to add a good amount of power and leave the exhaust system stock TS MP8 is the way to go. Very simple install and worked great, no complaints here. Next step is similar in power(slightly more with a wider power range) the Bullydog GT is a great choice, but with additional features like guages, tire size adjustments, driving coach, etc.... great job from Bullydog. Or finally the H+S Mini Max which gives you all the added features of the Bullydog GT plus the higher hp tunes and the added bonus of DPF, EGR, URI off programming.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You would have to ask yourself what are looking for in the end from your choice of tuners/boxes. I too have run all of them and here's how I choose. If you want to add a good amount of power and leave the exhaust system stock TS MP8 is the way to go. Very simple install and worked great, no complaints here. Next step is similar in power(slightly more with a wider power range) the Bullydog GT is a great choice, but with additional features like guages, tire size adjustments, driving coach, etc.... great job from Bullydog. Or finally the H+S Mini Max which gives you all the added features of the Bullydog GT plus the higher hp tunes and the added bonus of DPF, EGR, URI off programming.
well said! after driving one with 5 inch straight pipe exhaust its hard to imagine having the stock rocket ship of an exhaust...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts