Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it cost to bullet proof my 06 f350. I already did egr, and exhaust, intake, coolant flush, 7.3 clutch fan swap, I was told all that's left is decking the heads and fire ringing them, head gaskets, and head studs. Is that all or do I need to do a remote oil cooler as well

·
Project Shamu
2,720 Posts
Decking heads and fire rings are a little unnecessary IMO unless youre trying to make big HP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fire ringing the heads is definitely unnecessary unless you’re planning on putting up some big HP numbers. O-ringed heads however are a good idea but again not entirely needed, some guys do it for peace of mind. Decking the heads however is definitely necessary.

A remote oil cooler is a good idea if you’re working the truck hard frequently but an updated OEM one with some fresh ELC coolant will do the job just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thank you and is it possible to stuff the heads without decking them or am I asking for trouble doing that and yes I do haul a 10,000 pound trailer so I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game and prevent any problems that could happen

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome thank you and is it possible to stuff the heads without decking them or am I asking for trouble doing that and yes I do haul a 10,000 pound trailer so I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game and prevent any problems that could happen

I would highly recommend sending the heads away to get magnafluxed to check for cracks and decking the heads. You’re asking for problems otherwise. ARPs arent going to prevent the inevitable if you choose not to do so. This is what gave 6.0s such a bad name, dealerships would take the trucks with blown HGs under warranty, slap some new gaskets on without decking the heads and put some TTYs back in, and then tons of people would end up blowing their HGs again. Or if you want to one up just order a set of Kill Devil O-ringed heads (but $$$)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh okay awesome and has anyone played with a throtle booster and are they worth the money for the extra bit of power or would that lift the heads

·
Registered
95 Posts
How many miles? Are you doing the work yourself? minus the machining

1 - 8 of 8 Posts