Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 f350 xlt dually crew cab with the legendary 7.3 powerstroke and want to put stacks on it but I have a bulk tank and tool box combo at the front of the bed where the stacks would normally go,

I would imagine after mudding a lot of just driving for extended periods of time those stacks will get quite hot and given the bulk tank is full of diesel all the time wouldn't seem smart to just go to a metal fabrication shop or truck outfitter place and have them cut around a section of the bulk tank to put the stacks straight up in the corners up at the front on both sides like how most people do,

anyone seen or know of any good ideas for stack locations or would those stacks never get that hot so i could just cut out a section of the bulk tank to make room for the stacks?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Everyone is going to tell you to forget the stacks. Lol
I mean, you could run them outside the bed......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

·
Native Texan
8,987 Posts
Stacks done right.

Stacks done wrong.

"Y'all have a wonderful"
"My name is Bob the guy floating in the lake with no arms and no legs"
Bob W Martin 1948-2014 USAF

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, my input doesn't specify whether I like stacks or not, just an objective suggestion before you go and cut up your truck. I recommend this, before doing it check out what it could do to the resale value of your truck should you decide to sell it later. My personal observation is that it substantially reduces the value of the truck, unless the potential buyer just wants to think it looks cool to roll coal off the top.

·
Native Texan
8,987 Posts
I loves making A fool of my self. Its what I do in life. been doing for many years. And on here u going get what u get.
I ain't isn't worried bout what anyone thinks of my butt. I'm old I'm crotchety and I AM CANTANKEROUS.

·
7,985 Posts
ok. i cleaned up all the useless bickering and whatnot.
there is no need for any of us to belittle a new member just because he does not agree with us. remember, we were all new at one time or another, and not all of us were on the same page.

we can either grow together, or fail.
i for one suggest we grow old together and have fun doing it.............

and shut up Charlie, i already know i am older than dinosaur dung.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts