Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

so as the title goes, i i built up a little still for the WMO i can get from my work.

no pictures until i can get my phone to send them. :mad:

it's a rednecked setup but it's working... one 5 gallon hopper, to the transfer pump, through 2 fuel filter heads, first round running 10 micron Donaldson fuel/water separators. into a bucket. back to the hopper and a filter change to 2 CAT 1R-0749 fuel filters, 2 micron. into a fuel jug so i can pour it into my truck.

running a 50 to 60% oil 15-40 rotella, rest diesel, it'll run 5 gallons in about a hour. so in 2 hours of running i have 5 gallons into the truck tank.

from your guys opinion... think i can do one run of the filters? 1 donaldson and 1 CAT right into the baral or bucket?

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
I would put a magnet on one of the filters - just to be safe. Probably doesn't do anything, but why take the chance for the cost of a magnet?

Sam

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would put a magnet on one of the filters - just to be safe. Probably doesn't do anything, but why take the chance for the cost of a magnet?

Sam

forgot that LOL

stupid advanced auto Mr. gasket diesel fuel pump... 35 gallons a hour my ars! got another 5 gallons in a hour 15 this morning... with an ambient of 30 and snowing!

·