Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recommendations on a good trans for a mild built 6.0, mostly some spirited driving with little towing less than 8k. I would prefer actual experience over hear say.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,399 Posts
I am going to use a BD Diesel trans in my 6.0, I have also installed and tested at least half a dozen of them. They get beat up and hold up very well. My boss has one too, and he's pretty hard on it.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had one person who has also recommended BD and they are on the cheaper end. But I haven't found a horsepower range that the transmission is good for.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,399 Posts
I do remember that they are good to at least 600hp. Probably more; I spoke with Dan at BD diesel about it, but that was a while ago. I know because I am shooting for 600 in my 6.0, and I wanted to know if it would hold up to the abuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was afraid of that the last dyno was 631 since then I've dropped tire size and will be making a few changes.

·
Project Shamu
2,725 Posts
DieselSite makes a good trans, I have their E4OD and its been nice. They do a 5r110 that they can build up to 1000hp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A cheap alternative would be upgrading to the 6.4l transmission it can handle more abuse than the stock 6.0 tranny. Unless your going high horse power then ATS, BD, or Suncoast

1 - 7 of 7 Posts