Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am posting for a buddy, He has a 97 with Hypermax 190cc inj, dual terminator pumps. Truck ran fine then it sat over night. He went to start it up this morning and the truck would just turn over and not fire. His fuel pressure is 60psi. His term pumps are set properly and normally see's around 3000psi or more He checked the oil pressure and he is only seeing 40psi?

Could it be a cracked injector, injector seal. We will pull the valve covers off today and see if we can see any oil in the valley?

Any areas we should focus on more. Could you all possibly indicate what it could be?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also we are getting signal to the tach, so cam sensors good

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody have any imput

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do you have any white smoke coming out of the tail pipe?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
You're only seeing 40 psi _injection_ (hydraulic) pressure?

What do you have for an IPR on a dual HP system like that? Is there still just the one stock IPR? That's the thing I would put high on the suspect list.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dual terminator pumps. Seems the pumps have failed again as everything else checked we are guessing that is it as we replaced the IPR yesterday. Its a Ford stock IPR. Is there a better IPR for this application

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are there an other HPOP other than the terminators that will support the hypermax 190cc. Its running plenty of fuel and air mods. H2e Mod

These terminator pumps have went out 3 other times

368 Posts
I said it in your other thread but an adrenaline or stealth 1.1 will be your next best option

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks friend

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
wait-- you are saying that the pumps just stopped pumping overnight? Find that very hard to believe... this is an IPR, IPR plumbing or electrical issue.

Spend a few minutes with Joey (at terminator) and get this straightened out.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spent more than a few minutes with joey. Like stated, these pumps have had to be removed and sent back and fixed 3 times. This will be the fourth. Definitely not going to get into a bashing or knocking of Joey or the pumps, cause they are runners, but this particular application has had its share of issues with these pumps. Every issue has been with the pumps thus far, but I will say every issue was taken care of no questions asked. Just looking at our options as to it is getting pretty old removing the pumps over and over again.

There are no IPR, plumbing or electrical issues. All have led back to the pumps.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pumps are off and there is more than a 1/4 play in one

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
may or may not be an issue, will post later after speaking with my buddy.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
So I am posting for a buddy, He has a 97 with Hypermax 190cc inj, dual terminator pumps. Truck ran fine then it sat over night. He went to start it up this morning and the truck would just turn over and not fire. His fuel pressure is 60psi. His term pumps are set properly and normally see's around 3000psi or more He checked the oil pressure and he is only seeing 40psi?

Could it be a cracked injector, injector seal. We will pull the valve covers off today and see if we can see any oil in the valley?

Any areas we should focus on more. Could you all possibly indicate what it could be?
Is that 40psi injection pressure or low oil pressure (engine oil pressure)?

Did you check out the Injection Control Pressure (ICP?) sensor? Quick check for sensor is to unplug the ICP sensor so the PCM will run on default oil pressure setting.

I think the Ford IPR is the only one thats any good. May be the only one made as far as I know. There are two different models though, the Duals take the late model one (96-up). Motorcraft CM-5013, Ford, Motorcraft and IH are the same part in different boxes, the Ford dealer will sell you the Motorcraft marked unit. The end of the IPR looks somewhat like a horn bell, the early one is an edge ( or comb)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not engine oil, other! Just ask Joey he might know.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
I take it he read the ICP sensor off of the diagnostics? This doesn't say the sensor is working. The only way to eliminate the electronics is to use a mechanical gauge. That's why I asked if he tried running in ICP default mode and if the pressure remained low. You didn't say how everything was checked so I asked, I think its a fair question.

Usually, if the injector o-rings go, the pressure is greater than 40 psi and may be normal at idle and goes down hill from there as engine speed increases. You can pressurize the HPO gallerys in the head using a grease gun (with pressure guage and shutoff valve) hooked up through the #6 oring boss plugs (use an adapter) on the heads. Fill grease gun with engine oil. You may have to refill gun several times. Loosen another plug to burp out any air. Do both heads separately. Bad orings, cups or injector fault that big will show pressure drop. There are also two HPO oil gallery plugs, one on each end of the head (about 1-1/2" diameter). If you are seeing only 40 psi, probably don't have to try pressurizing above 1000psi, system runs about 3000psi at speed.

Don't have to pull VCs until you do this.

By the way, I've seen your build skills on NorCal Diesel, not trying to give you a hard time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Appreciate the impute, not sure how he eliminated those possible issues.

what does my build skills have to do with this, I am not the one who owns or is working on this vehicle. Another talker! Look me up at an event then try to stir the pot Old Man. I 'll go word to word with you then, pointless on here, just look for the dukcaln plate!

that's why I owned a 650hp cummins, flawless. A O6 Duramax lbz, flawless. I bought a 6.0 already built, broken, broken, rebuilt and broken. Sold it! Sold a flawless 97 7.3 Lol that's some funny build skills, if your referring to the questions I ask on the forums, to gain knowledge or to be pointed in the right direction, or to ask for assistance, Lol then your right, you have seen my build skills on that shtty forum.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol, not at all, and by the way it was sarcasm on his part at the end

1 - 20 of 29 Posts