Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys well just as the title says i want to build up a 6.0 would like to start with just a block or a blown motor with a good block and heads would like to see if anyone had one laying around that they dont want anymore. also what direction i should go in as far as injectors turbo the whole nine yards thanks guys.

god speed

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
hey guys well just as the title says i want to build up a 6.0 would like to start with just a block or a blown motor with a good block and heads would like to see if anyone had one laying around that they dont want anymore. also what direction i should go in as far as injectors turbo the whole nine yards thanks guys.

god speed
First off, what are your plans for the truck once you have it built? This question will help you decide on what injectors and turbo or turbos to use. Keep your eyes peeled, everyonce and a while you will come upon a good deal on 6.0L on craigslist or eBay.

-French

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats where the problem comes in because i like to do it all street race pull mud you name it so my goal would be between 6-700 hp out of a fully built motor if thats possible

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
If the truck is going to be a DD, then 600-700 horsepower is going to be tough. For injectors, you would want something in the 225cc range and for a turbo a 66mm should put you close to your 600hp goal but be hard to DD. On the other side, you could spring for some twins and have a good toy and DD. Check out Trusted performance, they have some awesome products coming out soon that may help you reach your goal.

-French

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Ya 600hp will take some good tuning and or twins to DD...trusted is releasing there twins this year sometime they sould be able to clean up some 225s

·
Registered
554 Posts
if your only looking for that hp range i would save the 4 grand to do rods and balance the motor and put it in other stuff..
I would do a set of 225s and a 66mm turbo..completely streetable and fun to play with...
i dont drag race so have no numbers there
but the mud drag i ran in last year i won by nearly .5 seconds
and competed or won in all the pulls i atended last year.

·
Registered
520 Posts
look on craigslist, i just found a complete motor plus wiring for 500 bucks, that would be a good place to start, wasn't what i was looking for, i will try to get a link up. i think it was in western michigan

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i live about an hour north of detroit so ive been thinking about trying to get mike hallas involved in this heard he knows his 6.0 and 7.3s pretty well any input on him?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Probably wanna ask the canadians what they do, they seem to know a few things about making power with these motors. Here is one of their builds that seems to be what your looking for, My motor build...finally!! - Powerstroke Nation said its 215cc sticks and should be "around 650-700 streetable hp"

I

·
0 Posts
Care to share the joke anyone???

Search :Injector Problems- Any Suggestions thread.. OP.. HarleyEdition78412
You posted #22 in the thread so it should be easy to find..
If you read the thread through you will understand..
The built 6.0 thing made us remember that nightmare thread..

Sorry for the derail..

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
You may want to ask HarleyEdition78412 LOL

Sorry, had to do it..

Carry on..
You could ask him what the torque spec is for all the bolts. But don't ask about what to do with machining the block. Don't ask about injector cup sealing. Don't ask about installing turbos. On second thought. Just skip that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts