Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Building on a 6.0

808 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sho669 
#1 ·
I am currently in the process of building my 2005 F350. My modifications will and do consist of 58V FICM, new oil cooler, blue spring upgrade, 6.4 banjo bolts, diesel site coolant filter, head studs, 190 cc injectors, SCT livewire programmer, and a 64m. turbo. I haven't got everything on I am in the process of doing all of this. My questions that I have is I am needing to know if my torque converter will hold up or if I need to upgrade to a dual or triple disk. I have friends tell me I will have to because it will never hold up to that horse power. Also needing to know if I need to upgrade to a 4 in. downpipe. It has the stock downpipe but, from downpipe back I have a 5 in. straight pipe. I also forgot to add I have an aftermarket intake. Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 ·
4" down pipe yes. The stock converter should hold unless you rod on it from corner to corner. While you are digging into the motor, you should put some attention to the oil rail fittings and stc update.

#4 ·
The up tubes which feed your oil rail and the dummy plugs that thread into oil rail. Replace these along with the discharge fitting on the hipsi oil pump. IT is a STC snap to connect fitting. They blow apart and do damage. You repalce it with a thread in fitting from ford. These parts all together are less than $200. Just cheap insurance from having problems.

#6 ·
Yes you have to pull the pump to do the fitting update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.