Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I plan on building my 01 7.3L f-350 super duty it is the xl so no power at all am/fm radio it is bone stock and looks like its never seen the road... just bought it recently... I need some ideas for it if you guys could!

also its a sclb :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not doing engine mods doing cosmetic all it will do is haul

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Even if it's just going to haul, basic intake (6637), exhaust (4 inch straight pipe or remove stock restrictive muffler and replace with straight pipe), and a chip will be beneficial. If looking for just cosmetic, throw some wheels and tires on there. Stock height go with 285/75/16 and some custom 16s. Home - Discount Tire Direct will mount, balance and then ship for free to your door step. The package I was recently looking at was around 1100 for everything out the door (discover ATP tires with level 8 wheels)
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct
And if you wait for any holiday they always have specials for an even better deal.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Put some chrome door steps on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about doing the full 6.7 swap and just leaving my 7.3 in there I just don't know if the body panels will match up... I know I need a new core support though

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
They need some work to get the 2012 + front on..but there were two good threads on it with pics.

When you say haul.. how heavy how often.
there are some minor engine mods you still want to look into.. the turbo in particular for example.
an o1 turbo will surge and that will damage the turbo... a ww2 from dieselsite will stop thay. Will get better boost lowerheat and is all around better.

Uppipes will leak...eventually..dorman bellowed units will cure that.
the air intake system is suspect at best...broken tabs will ley dust in and desroy an engine.
the ford ais is a factory upgrade and a good unit for you.
dieselsite also makes a coolant filter....it wilm save you from changing waterpumps every few years.

There Are other good mods that help prolong life etc..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts