Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build a truck that will make between 575 and 625 at the wheels without having to milk any of the parts I will be using. I do not tow with my truck, or do anything strenuous that would affect my build. I have come to the conclusion that I would prefer a non-vgt turbo, and I want to avoid compounds.

My question is, what turbo, what size injectors, and whose tuning?

I know that I'll need to obvious ADII, RR kit, tranny, etc. Are there any things I may be over looking that can come up as unexpected costs?

Thanks a lot guys.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
66mm turbo with 205/100s and IDP's tuning I would think would get you in the ball park.

·
1,549 Posts
I would be very shocked if this setup wasnt in that range, and by not in that range I mean under. It very well may be more than 600hp. I dont know.

·
matt
911 Posts
I would be very shocked if this setup wasnt in that range, and by not in that range I mean under. It very well may be more than 600hp. I dont know.
Feels like every last hoof of 600 rwhp

·
matt
911 Posts
Yes but if you don't use n02 I would use a .88 a/r

·
1,549 Posts
Yea I would agree Matt. Your .91 housing would be just a little too big for my taste man and I would do something smaller but I would also keep it divided too. JMO.

·
matt
911 Posts
yeah i was just checking on what i posted and i dont see where they make a .88 divided only open. a divided .91 might spool as quick as a open .88?? idk

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
the divided .91 is going to spool better than the open .88 BTW

youre going to need 205s, doubtful 190's will make it on a single, but it may be possible, 66mm turbo, fuel system and a built trans.. should be around 600

·
matt
911 Posts
i can clear up 205's though so if you want the most power up top and be abile to burn all the fuel in a race tune yull need a larger housing to get the flow yull need.jmo

·
1,549 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong here Greg but wouldnt it be best to go with a relatively tight divided T4 housing with divided up pipes?? I know the back/drive pressures might get a little high at high boost levels but the spool up time would be better.

·
matt
911 Posts
the divided .91 is going to spool better than the open .88 BTW

youre going to need 205s, doubtful 190's will make it on a single, but it may be possible, 66mm turbo, fuel system and a built trans.. should be around 600
i thought so

·
1,549 Posts
i can clear up 205's though so if you want the most power up top and be abile to burn all the fuel in a race tune yull need a larger housing to get the flow yull need.jmo
That probably is true. To keep the back pressures in check for high boost levels. I just dont know where the happy medium would be at is.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
With divided uppipes the .91 divided housing should spool pretty well. I might also add a ported intake. Maybe even a cam. I've had very good results with our race cam as far as egt's and spool up go. But never done just a cam swap.

·
matt
911 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong here Greg but wouldnt it be best to go with a relatively tight divided T4 housing with divided up pipes?? I know the back/drive pressures might get a little high at high boost levels but the spool up time would be better.
after driving mine and i dont even have up pipes and still have some exhaust leaks and boost leaks, i belive the idea of having tight housings on the 6.0 is a meth. i think cp's wuold get way higher than my liking

·
matt
911 Posts
to be honest i didnt belive rykan about being abile to spool as quick as i can. I WAS WAY WRONG!!!

·
1,549 Posts
Ok well that is true Matt, you would know and the video of your truck looked pretty good man.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can someone explain the decimal number you all are talking about? The .88 and the .91? And the spilt, and opened housing?

Thanks guys.

The question is, which turbo? RCD? Elite?

·
matt
911 Posts
cant wait to get up pipes and have a 66 spool quick as stock !

·
matt
911 Posts
Can someone explain the decimal number you all are talking about? The .88 and the .91? And the spilt, and opened housing?

Thanks guys.

The question is, which turbo? RCD? Elite?
borg warner turbo and were talking the size of the turbine housing and weather the inlet to the turbine is open or divided

1 - 20 of 37 Posts