Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at the tail end of building a 1933 RatRod using my father's old 1999 F350 7.3L as a donor vehicle.

I'm working on the electrical side of things now and looking forward to getting this beast running....

·
PSN intsigator
6,829 Posts
Welcome to the nation from WNC

·
Registered
628 Posts
That's the only picture you give us??!!! Welcome! I look forward to more.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
With the torque that the 7.3 has you may have a hard time keeping rear tires on it. Even a gentle nudge of the throttle will start them to spinning on that light of a machine.

Give us some info, automatic, or a 6 speed. Chipped or stock?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! It's 4wd, automatic, uses basically the full drivetrain from the F350 Dually Crew cab. The funny part is that it's a 1933 Chevy body on a custom frame I made, and with the Ford drivetrain and electronics. Usually people build 1930's Fords with a Chevy drivetrain. I went the opposite route.

Triangulated 4 link suspension on the front and back axles. Radiator in the rear with fans. The batteries fit in that container behind the front wheel.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
I would love to see a video of it going down the road once it is completed....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it will be several hundred pounds lighter than the truck was, but that engine and transmission are crazy heavy. I think they're just under 1000 pounds as a whole.

...and the 2 axles are super duty axles as well. They're hard to even roll without being attached to anything.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
The truck weighed around 7,000 lbs empty

·
Registered
628 Posts
A 99 F350 would have been north of 7500#. Just curious - Never mind... you have it in the title.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats is SICK bro! I wish I had the skill to do fab work like that. I wouldnt be able to drive it around here though, roads are so bad it would rip the bottom off LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! It's on airbags. That pic shows the stance fully deflated. It's 1 inch off the ground. Inflated, I get about 10 inches of clearance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The frame is the air tank. I have several leaks I need to track down after I pull it all apart and finish weld everything.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Rough roads won't matter, he will only hit every 4th or 5th bump once he gets going.

Reactions: heavydoc

·
PSN intsigator
6,829 Posts
Rough roads won't matter, he will only hit every 4th or 5th bump once he gets going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
2,854 Posts
Welding up frames and making them air tanks is a biiiiiitch. Ive tried to do it several times, and everytime it ends up seeping through a perfectly good weld.

Good luck! Can't wait to see it complete!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts