Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys? I’m getting parts together to overhaul my 04 6.0. I’m planning on running Holder 190/30’s, a KC Turbos stage 2r turbo, regulated return fuel bowl delete with either an Airdog2 or a 6.7 as my pump, coolant filter, replacing oil cooler, WPE uppipes with the EGR delete, ODawgs S2R ported intake manifold, new HPOP, and a BD exhaust manifold. My truck has already been studded but I will have the cab off so I will be restudding it with ARP 625+ studs. My questions have to do with my heads. I like to do things right first so I don’t have to deal with it down the road. Do you guys recommend I just have my heads checked and freshened up or would I be better off getting a set of Kill Devil diesel or UCF Oringed heads? Is having them Oringed overkill for my power level? I highly doubt I will be trying for anymore power since I tow frequently. At the very most maybe switch to 205/75’s and a stage 3 once I get another truck to tow with. Let me know your thoughts!

Jacob

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,399 Posts
UCF heads all the way. O-ringed is recommended for any 6.0, stock or otherwise. You'll get a lot of power out of those 190s and that stage 2, but unless you're getting ported heads and bored over as well, that intake is a gigantic waste of money in my humble opinion. As well as the ARP 625's. The standard ARP studs will be more than adequate unless you're trying to build a 2000hp drag truck lol. Just seeing if I can't help you save a bit of money. I know how quickly it adds up!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UCF heads all the way. O-ringed is recommended for any 6.0, stock or otherwise. You'll get a lot of power out of those 190s and that stage 2, but unless you're getting ported heads and bored over as well, that intake is a gigantic waste of money in my humble opinion. As well as the ARP 625's. The standard ARP studs will be more than adequate unless you're trying to build a 2000hp drag truck lol. Just seeing if I can't help you save a bit of money. I know how quickly it adds up!
Yeah I totaled up the build and with all the parts excluding 625s and just using the normal ARPs I’m at $15k ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts