Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting a list for what I want to do to the truck next. Eventually in the next year or two be at 800+ HP, with a Mild agressive appearance. So what do you guys think? I myself, am leaning towards twin black stacks, 4.5" Icon, 22's on 37's, tint, RBP grille, New front and rear bumpers, Amp Research power steps, fender flares, and a new hood. Money isnt so much of an issue until I peak over 10-15k... So come on guys throw me some ideas! this is what I have as of now:

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Is say the truck looks pretty decent right now, I'd spend it all on performance stuff

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I know I def need some sort of a steering stabilizer, I get some bump steer with these wider tires. Im also not a big fan of chrome, but most of it came on the truck already, and i bought the wheels and tires nearly brand new for 1200, so i couldnt pass that up. Id like to black everything out. I have a list already for performance stuff that I will order in the spring.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Im starting a list for what I want to do to the truck next. Eventually in the next year or two be at 800+ HP, with a Mild agressive appearance. So what do you guys think? I myself, am leaning towards twin black stacks, 4.5" Icon, 22's on 37's, tint, RBP grille, New front and rear bumpers, Amp Research power steps, fender flares, and a new hood. Money isnt so much of an issue until I peak over 10-15k... So come on guys throw me some ideas! this is what I have as of now:

Word to the wise the fragile state of all things money related your build list should be very very simple at most do a dpf/doc delete with a good tune and keep your truck nice and simple. Save your money things are only going to get worse and at your current pay grade having a 800 hp diesel is a bit irresponsible. Save your money.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive been saving money for the past 2 years. I bought this truck from the dealership in cash. I am very responsible with my money, which is why I can afford to drop this kind of money into a toy. I know all too well when push comes to shove, something will break. To me thats the fun of having a toy like this, learning. Diesel is like sex, once you get it, you always want more. I havent owned one thing that I have left stock....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well, 800 horse will take care of 15k+ just in the parts you'll need. Super sharp looking truck you got there..

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
800+hp. Hmmm I know how much that's gonna cost. 15k will get you no where near your goal. To reach your goal you need to tear the engine down and start from the block. Have fun, I bet you hit $30-40k after parts and labour.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
if it took you 2 years to save for a used truck, id say money is an issue lol
To pay cash for one? And us not knowing what amount of $$ he pays in bills a month?

To the OP, please only do a single mitre cut offset stack. No twins... And im with White Monster. You will get a good tranny, and turbos for 15k that and not near 800hp

·
Registered
323 Posts
maybe a turbo "kit" for that much. If you know how to fab or a friend turbos can be had for way less than any kit.

To be honest your truck looks really good the way it sits. The black windows, headlights and marker lights really give the chrome and color of the truck a good contrast, well in the 1st pic the windows look tinted, if they arent Id go 5% on all of them. Instead of an RBP grill Id opt for an fx4 or harley grill. Never been a big fan of RBP grills and the color matched fx4 grills looks nice, keeps it looking clean and gets rid of some chrome

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Madman before you say you can build a kit for way cheaper and it works just as good I think you should actually do it. Right now your just talking out your a$$. I personally know a few ppl that tried making their own kits and the cost was still up there. Ball bearing turbos are big bucks and then add billet wheels and such it gets even higher.

·
Registered
517 Posts
800+hp. Hmmm I know how much that's gonna cost. 15k will get you no where near your goal. To reach your goal you need to tear the engine down and start from the block. Have fun, I bet you hit $30-40k after parts and labour.
:whs:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Who says you just have to use ball bearing? You can use a journal bearing turbo inconjunction with a ball bearing, people sell S series turbos all the time for cheap. Ive priced ball bearing turbos and for similar sizes as max powers, it was like an 80mm and 64mm was about 4200 ( on atpturbo.com, a gt3788r and gt4508r), add lines and v band clamps, the material to make a pedistal or some type of support you MIGHT be near 5000. If you already have a waste gate reroute it to inbetween the turbos for the cost of the extra piping that takes. Or add a waste gate for 400... ok so your at 5400.... Then the cost of the material for charge pipes in between the turbos and intake..... If you can do the work yourself, or have a friend that can help you CAN do it for less than a kit, and not have a pos VGT turbo. And some might say it wont spool, but if you know how to tune waste gates it will spool just fine, there is no reason our trucks cant spool a 64mm turbo to charge up an 80mm or so one. Im not trying to argue with you or anyone, im just stating if you can do the work yourself you CAN put a turbo set up on your truck for 1/2-3/4 the cost... Plus you have to remember, if you CANT do the work yourself, not only are you paying 10000 for the biggest "kit" you are going to pay even more for labor. So dont say you cant build your own for less.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'd say white monster knows exactly what he's talking about. If you don't, then check out his build here on the forum. Not trying to offend anyone but... I'm Just sayin

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Who says you just have to use ball bearing? You can use a journal bearing turbo inconjunction with a ball bearing, people sell S series turbos all the time for cheap. Ive priced ball bearing turbos and for similar sizes as max powers, it was like an 80mm and 64mm was about 4200 ( on atpturbo.com, a gt3788r and gt4508r), add lines and v band clamps, the material to make a pedistal or some type of support you MIGHT be near 5000. If you already have a waste gate reroute it to inbetween the turbos for the cost of the extra piping that takes. Or add a waste gate for 400... ok so your at 5400.... Then the cost of the material for charge pipes in between the turbos and intake..... If you can do the work yourself, or have a friend that can help you CAN do it for less than a kit, and not have a pos VGT turbo. And some might say it wont spool, but if you know how to tune waste gates it will spool just fine, there is no reason our trucks cant spool a 64mm turbo to charge up an 80mm or so one. Im not trying to argue with you or anyone, im just stating if you can do the work yourself you CAN put a turbo set up on your truck for 1/2-3/4 the cost... Plus you have to remember, if you CANT do the work yourself, not only are you paying 10000 for the biggest "kit" you are going to pay even more for labor. So dont say you cant build your own for less.
You do understand that Elite's turbo setups aren't just the turbo's, right? By that I mean the the price tag gets your more than just 2 turbo's. Just thought that should be made clear. Also, the setups are proven to spool amazingly and make big power. I think Rudy made 850ish on fuel with Max Powers at TS Outlaw this year on a dyno that has a reputation of humbling a lot of people and their trucks. Just imagine if he had a really good set of ported heads....that number may have been closer to 1,000.

·
POWERSMOKIN64
515 Posts
To pay cash for one? And us not knowing what amount of $$ he pays in bills a month?

To the OP, please only do a single mitre cut offset stack. No twins... And im with White Monster. You will get a good tranny, and turbos for 15k that and not near 800hp
Exactly what he said, but you will still have an awesone truck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd spend most of the money on rust prevention. You're across the river from me in Michigan and the salt is going to fly in a little over a month. Doesn't matter how badass your truck looks if it's rusting from the inside out.

And then do some mods. 800hp is a hell of a goal though.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Let us know if we can help, our s475 with 100% over inj and industrial pump went [email protected] with a slipping trans with low egts and just about perfect bp and is still very driveable on the street, his truck makes nasty power and the truck weighs 8100-8300lbs it def has a 11.50 on fuel in it

1 - 20 of 68 Posts