Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled my friends truck off the mountain! He has a 2001 Powerstroke automatic transmission. He was pulling trees out in 4 Low in reverse but then was unable to move forward in D, 2, or 1. If he revs the motor to about 3,500 and lets off it will move forward about 2 inches when the RPM's decrees to around 2,500. The Tranny was rebuilt about 35,000 miles ago and he had HD clutches put in and HD torque converter. He would like to know if anyone might know what is wrong with the limited info I gave. Thanks for the help!:confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Low on fluid? I know is sounds silly but check the simple things first.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just pulled my friends truck off the mountain! He has a 2001 Powerstroke automatic transmission. He was pulling trees out in 4 Low in reverse but then was unable to move forward in D, 2, or 1. If he revs the motor to about 3,500 and lets off it will move forward about 2 inches when the RPM's decrees to around 2,500. The Tranny was rebuilt about 35,000 miles ago and he had HD clutches put in and HD torque converter. He would like to know if anyone might know what is wrong with the limited info I gave. Thanks for the help!:confused:
One of my transmissions had that issue. Forward clutch?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fluid is fine, nice bright red not burnt. Reverse is solid. I was thinking pump and/or TC.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,100 Posts
It certainly can't be the pump or the torque converter. They both do the exact same thing in forward and reverse. If reverse works then both the converter and pump work.

I'm betting on a mechanical failure inside the trans.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, appreciate the input, definitely not what he wanted to hear after a $5000 rebuild 35,000 miles ago.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i was thinkin reverse and 1st use the same clutches, so prob a hard part since its clean fluid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts