Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
A few years ago I bought a PI torque converter from BTS, Brian wasn't that enthusiastic about installing it on a stock tranny if that is what you are thinking about doing. When I initially thought about beefing up the tranny I was trying to save a few bucks by upgrading the TC (since that was the weak link in the chain} and doing the rest of the tranny down the road. Well, my well thought out plan did not go as expected. After pulling the tranny twice I would have been better off doing it right the first time.

Not sure about your plan/intentions - just wanted to post this so you don't make the same mistake I did.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A few years ago I bought a PI torque converter from BTS, Brian wasn't that enthusiastic about installing it on a stock tranny if that is what you are thinking about doing. When I initially thought about beefing up the tranny I was trying to save a few bucks by upgrading the TC (since that was the weak link in the chain} and doing the rest of the tranny down the road. Well, my well thought out plan did not go as expected. After pulling the tranny twice I would have been better off doing it right the first time.

Not sure about your plan/intentions - just wanted to post this so you don't make the same mistake I did.
I agree with White Buffalo...if your plans are to install a PI torque converter in a stock transmission...you might be rebuilding your transmission sooner rather than later...just my 2 cents.

Griz

·
Registered
666 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
If you install a PI torque converter in stock tranny and the tranny fails the tranny had a problem. A Good working TC does not make a tranny fail that was working properly from the get go.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Better make sure you do the proper front pump mods...Better option IMO for a stock trans..6.0 converter setup for the 7.3 less than 1/2 the cost of a PI and a dam good unit. PM me if you want additional info.

Cary

·
Registered
666 Posts
the reason i went pi is so when i get the full bts i already got the tc. if your not going bts in the future maybe a 6.0 tc would be better for ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts