Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought trans from bts and went down to their shop in lead hill Arkansas and had them install the trans and a new cooler. It works great but I just finished doing a whole bunch of mods to my truck (hybrids and an s468 turbo and t4 setup from irate) now Brian says he would like me to come down so they can retune the trans for the added power. So my question is mostly for Mark, what physically has to be tuned on the trans? I mean I know my new tunes from gearhead have updated shift points but Brian says he wants to pull the trans and make some adjustments and do a tune up and I'm mostly curious as to what needs to be adjusted to take the extra power.

·
POWERSTROKEMIKE
532 Posts
prob the springs in the trans an maybe some drilling of the plate between the valve body an trans.. that's what we did to mine many years ago.. made a real big diff even opening one hole up by 3 thousands of a inch...

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,084 Posts
The valve body can be tuned for the added power.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark I know you get questions all day on multiple forums and probably are tired of answering the same questions, but I'm dumb and I'm going to ask anyway, How does one tune a valve body and what does tuning do to help the trans work better? And is this how you can bring up line pressure? Thanks for responding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts