Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on installing a BTS converter and Valvebody. Brain was a great help but doesn't work weekends:doh: The directions are pretty vague that came with the parts. The converter comes with a "torque converter regulator spring" that is supposed to be installed into the transmission pump. Has anyone pulled the tranny pump and can you just use threaded metric rod and a piece of flat bar pulling against the engine mounting surface to pull it? Thanks in advance

·
917 Posts
I took two bolts that fit the pump and welded nuts on the end of them that allow me to thread on a slide hammer. I have two slide hammers and and evenly pull it. With one slide hammer you need to alternate back and forth so that you pull it evenly.

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
I used a flat bar and 2 threaded rods like you are talking about to get mine out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Step II:doh:

The threaded rod and angle iron worked great. For the people doing it under the truck like me remember to take out the tranny filter. That was a good heads up from a local tranny shop. I have the pump off now and cant figure out how to get the torque converter spring out. I wish I had a digital camera to help describe what I am talking about. The spring is held in the pump with thick threaded sleave of some kind. Anyone have any idea's? If not I am sure Brian could help in the morning.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Well that sucks after pull'n the pump. Did they say why it was not needed when they sent it?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Well live and learn. Its not like they do not have a awesome record and mistakes happen to even the best. Since then how far have you gotten?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been in touch with Brian. A pleasure to work with, I must say. And he did tell me to change it out. It is a bunch of work however. I am getting a friend over to help me move the tranny back under the truck and bolt it to the transfer case. I have no real complaints other than its tought to get questions answered on the weekends:doh:

On a side note I have been looking into injectors, tuners, and a supplier for a turbo and mounting kit. I have nothing but great experiences with Carson Stauffer Diesel, Rosewood Diesel, Jody at DP-tuner and Bill at PHP.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
When I installed my Tugger kit I used a spring in the kit for the pump.It increases converter feed.Without the Tugger kit,I think you will need to use the spring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts