Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Modded by a Chevy Express
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I seem to have a knack (or addiction?) for finding abused PSDs, bringing them back to health, and giving them a good home. Found this 95 with some rust, minor frontal collision damage, a leaking fuel pump, and 2 weak injectors. The engine runs well on 6ish cylinders, no smoke or blow-by, I'll compression test before getting too serious. Interior is what you'd expect for a 16 year old truck, some wear and a few cracks. It is full load with power driver seat and deluxe visor, anti-theft, and keyless entry. I have no idea what I will do to it yet, but for $1200, I couldn't pass it up.

For now, I will probably fix the screwed up alarm wiring that kills the battery, and use it for some of the "experimental" wiring I am thinking about doing on the shortbox project. If I fry something, I don't have to be in a panic to find parts.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
I was going to buy that beast, but was worried about getting a safety done on it when I got it home to Sask. Nice score!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Hmm, pics 3,4,5 make it look blue. Auto-white-balance does that kinda stuff. But indeed, I have seen the purple-silver-purple combo before, so it could be. Two-tone FTW, in any event. Only thing missing (besides the Alcoa caps) is a hand-shaker.....

Gotta love Canada; twice our size geographically, and two dudes in different provinces, two of the biggest in area, happen upon the same truck AND on the same forum. You guys really do all know each other, don't you? Do you know that guy Bruce up in Yellowknife?.....

(Oh, and put that fuel bowl hat back on!)

·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's purple :doh:

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
Dude I would rock the #### out of the silver and purple. I'll bet it looks sharp with some buffing and waxing.
Send it south when you're done.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
Gotta love Canada; twice our size geoYou guys really do all know each other, don't you? Do you know that guy Bruce up in Yellowknife?.....

(Oh, and put that fuel bowl hat back on!)

Bruce is a dick.....
Looks like he has a new style filter on, with the lid attached.
I still buy the old style filters that use the lid.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
(Look again at pic 6.)
Yep....... there is a lid on the battery, and a filter in the bowl with a lid on it.

Or do you mean that stupid plastic powerstroke cover thingy that everybody removes?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
No, it was just a :poke: remark about the fuel lid on the battery. Maybe it's some obscure new air box mod? :shrug:

My wife and I like the "Darth Vader" cover; kept 'em on both her trucks. The engine looks, idunno, jumbled without it. Granted, it doesn't really protect anything.

But back on topic, Brad and the OP seriously need a support group. Or the admins here need to create a separate "Alberta and diesel_brad acquisition of the week" forum......

·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL

The filter bowl cover was an extra that was laying on the battery. The chit you find in a used truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts