Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a motor vibration for a long time. Looked at push rods and rockers when I had the injectors out awhile back. No noticeable signs of problems. Motor feels like an out of balance washing machine.

What would a broken valve spring feel like if it was indeed broke? Sometimes it vibrates worse than other times. Just kinda frustrated.

Without pulling every spring, what do I do?

Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody??

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Have you run it with the valvecovers off? You should be able to see any valve train issues then. You can also check the oil discharge from the injector oil spouts to make sure they are fairly consistent between injectors. Cheers!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try that this weekend. Thanks Patrick.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
When do you get the vibration?Idle or driving? Did you check the engine mounts? At what rpm do you get the vibration?

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When do you get the vibration?Idle or driving? Did you check the engine mounts? At what rpm do you get the vibration?

Billy T.
[email protected]
Feel it at idle. Acts kinda weird coming off throttle too. Like coming off freeway at speed, sometimes it almost stumbles. Really notice it when I have gotten on it then backed off down to idle it'll stumble, then come back and idle.

It's consistent at idle. You could count music to it.

1, 2, 3, 4. Vibration

1, 2, 3, 4. Vibration etc.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Can you post a video

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a worn injector. I think you would know if you had a broken valve spring
Injectors were replaced at 268,000 miles with baby swamps. It did it before the swap. runs the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts