Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruising down the road at 55-60 motor started vibrating so pulled over and it started smoking white steady.. Anyways I'm putting my motor in the wife's truck and going to build this one for mine... In the process of tearing down her engine I found this on number 5 intake side..

And this in the oil pan. It's softish and perforated. I haven't talkin the hpop reservoir apart yet.

Pictures kinda suck.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Litlle JB and duct tape, that pushrod will be GTG. Looks like it might be whats left of a oil cooling jet in the pan.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but you can bend it... I forgot to say there are dents on the bottom of the 1 and 5 pistons.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Yuck.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ouch spend some money and fix it up your wife will understand. I have a false believe that mine does.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Can't tell from the pic what the metal is but I gave you 2 suggestions as to where I think it might have come from.

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
It probably a part you didn't need anyway. You dont want anything soft and perforated in a 7.3. :poke: :D

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha nope...Shipping would be pricey :hehe: :hehe: She doesn't weight much but you know the cost of things nowadays.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Haha nope...Shipping would be pricey :hehe: :hehe: She doesn't weight much but you know the cost of things nowadays.
LMAO the wife hit me for making the comment.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll let ya know when ever I get it apart... Got my engine in her truck today and the drive line completed.. Everything else is in the engine bay.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I'll let ya know when ever I get it apart... Got my engine in her truck today and the drive line completed.. Everything else is in the engine bay.
Awesome man you been working

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I would have been 5 hours ahead but I needed a damn 12 point wrench for the front drive shaft and had to wait for sears to open...Bent two of them :doh:

And it started raining here..So that sucks

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
You don't have a 24hr Sears store there? Or a rainsuit? Excuses, excuses.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts