Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost a half the nozzle tip on #8. How much damage did it do and where do I go from here?
Try to fish the chunk out or pull the motor and head and check for damage? Thanks

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Pull the injector and get a borescope to look down in there.

I don't think you'll see anything pleasant, I would plan on pulling the head, depending on what you see after looking at it with the borescope.

Dave

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope no luck on the bore scope yet.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Good luck on getting one small enough to fit through an injector bore.
They make them that will fit easily through a 7.3 injector hole with the cup installed.

They are right at $17,000.00 for the one I have seen that will take pics/vids. We use them to inspect bearings inside large gearboxes.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats what I'm afraid of but would like to make sure.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
if you need any help with anything let me know. oh and that was post number 1,000.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Post whore :),
and yea I need your help, I need to borrow a bore scope so I can see whats up with the top of the piston before I throw another injector in there. Not know is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
hmmm, im not sure i know of anyone with a bore scope let alone one small enough to look in there. are you just trying not to pull the head?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i could be wrong but after you remove the cup it wouldnt be much bigger then with the cup in would it.?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
The hole is no bigger with the cup out...

Yank that thing Gordon...

As much as that sucks.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Buddy of mine lost an injector nozzle on a stock AD truck last week. Swapped a new injector in and the truck runs fine. Who knows if the missing nozzle parts are embedded in the piston, but the truck runs fine so he's just gonna go with it. This might not work in your case, but I thought I'd share.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts