Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to know the size of the smaller of the 2 bolts that hold the hpop onto my 7.3? It's the passenger side one.. bolt is broke off in the block and I'm not going to be able to try and remove it til tonight, but have to get a new one before the parts store closes. Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Dead Member
204 Posts
Sorry I can't give you the OEM lenght, but I can give you thread size....

It's 8mm with a 1.25mm pitch.

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, score another round to my truck. Finally got the broken bolt out of it's hole, bought a 3rd set of ipr orings and changed everything... same result. My hpop spews oil from somewhere around the ipr but I can't see where. It's leaking enough that I can't run the truck for any length of time to see where the leak is coming from. I guess my next question is.. can the ipr leak where the shaft is threaded into the 1 1/8 fitting? I can't see it leaking the amount that it is from there, but I'm out of ideas. Replaced the seal between the hpop and block twice, ipr 3 times now and no change. :doh: :pointlaugh:

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
842 Posts
possibly stripped out the hpop housing where the ipr goes into it.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would really suck.
It would suck, but that's not it. ipr has been out time after time, screws in fine, last time the hpop was out i checked all the threads.. managed to screw up a couple of threads where the oil lines go into the pump, but I wrapped the lines in rags to see if I wrecked em and the rags were dry after I started the truck. it's definitely leaking from somewhere else.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It would suck, but that's not it. ipr has been out time after time, screws in fine, last time the hpop was out i checked all the threads.. managed to screw up a couple of threads where the oil lines go into the pump, but I wrapped the lines in rags to see if I wrecked em and the rags were dry after I started the truck. it's definitely leaking from somewhere else.
threads do wear out especially in the soft aluminum the hpop is made of! if your yanking the hpop out I would check the o-ring removing and replacing the ipr(steel) into the hpop(aluminum) will wear the softer metal being aluminum lay a rag under the ipr and see if it's wet there. but if you also broke a bolt off in the cover and didn't replace it there could be your leak..... but my vote is at the ipr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts