Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1999 crewcab duelly 4x4,
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my engine today to explore exactly what had happened following the faint ticking noise that nobody else could seem to hear. Due to it turning into a clunk and thud with gallons oil everywhere! whith parts going through my oil pan. good times good times:eek:

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
ouch maybe I shouldnt sell my extra short block.

·
1999 crewcab duelly 4x4,
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking you should. maybee to me even, whats all in it?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
its damn near a complete motor. still has everything from valve covers to oil pan. no injectors though Motor does have 145000 on it though and is out of a early 99.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
What all do you have done? That sucks sorry to hear.

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
yea, what mods? injectors? tuning? are you sure it was forged rods? what were you doing when it initally gave you some trouble?

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Subscribing.. Sorry to hear by the way..

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Never... Never... Never sell a spare PSD motor... Infact, I would carry it around with you if you have the choice...

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Joe LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

·
1999 crewcab duelly 4x4,
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well for 100 miles i had 250cc hybrids with 68mm turbo/h2e mount with tunes on there way. but i believe the problem was created when my old turbo wiped out putting oil into my cyclinders bending #1 rod, then i applied new parts and began hearing slight ticking noise at about 25 miles that got a little louder at about 35 miles(very very slight and hard to hear) then boom. parts everywhere while i was going 15mph at slight exceleration of only 1500 rpm or less. sorry for delayed post everybody i broke motor on a monday and pulled it on tuesday and left for vaca on wednesday at 7:00am.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Damn. Sorry to hear. Hate to hear that about a forged rod motor. Im thinking more and more about just spending the extra money while Im in there and getting a set of Hypermax rods...

·
1999 crewcab duelly 4x4,
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
are hypermax rods billet or forged? what HP are they rated for? i gathering knowledge on parts for a new build. and or a motor to use in mean time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts