Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to put a new set of clear headlights in my truck, without going HID and using a projector style light... What is the brightest 9007 bulb?

I was looking at the sylvania silverstars or maybe even the Philips bulbs.

I don't want a blue tint, I want a bright white.

I ordered a RJM harness, now I need to get bulbs.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
667 Posts
i am running the Philips xtreme vision bulbs in my truck with the oem housings(did the 3m restore kit on them). The light output is crazy compared to the cloudy lenses and silver stars there were in it. i am very happy with the philips bulbs. ordered a RJM harness about a week ago, don't have it in yet. looking forward to getting that in though!

side note, how long did it take for you to get your RJM harness shipped?

·
Billy Big Rigger
288 Posts
Before I went hid/projector I was running 80/100 watt Hella bulbs with a home made harness. Brightest headlights I've seen that where regular bulbs.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
I use the 100/130w ones off ebay with the 5000k temp (color) and they work awesome. $12.99 a pair for my 02 and they carry them for everything. There from a wholesale place in cali. Ive been running the same ones for 3 years now with no burned out ones yet. Spare set on hand anyway.

·
Terminator Nation
5,121 Posts
The relay harness delivers higher voltage to the bulbs (makes them brighter) and saves wear and tear on the headlight switch contacts.

SilverStar Ultras last longer the the standard SilverStars. The standard SilverStars were lasting me about 1500 hours. The Ultras last quite a bit longer. They both have a slight blueish tint to them (between super white and blue) but do not produce glare. I used them with a set of clear housings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts